Helix Show With Pixels A Success

mlevings

I want to thank Greg for all of his hard work getting the new Ethernode designed and working. My show consists of a Helix V3 main board, 1 SSR32 Daughterboard, Helix daughter board with 4 SSRNeon's, 2 LOR CTB16PC controllers, and an Ethernode driving a E682 controlling a 15' pixel tree. So far 2 nights of blinky flashy with no problems at all.

Mark

http://youtu.be/o6otAGL6v1s

Last edited:
I want to thank Greg for all of his hard work getting the new Ethernode designed and working. My show consists of a Helix V3 main board, 1 SSR32 Daughterboard, Helix daughter board with 4 SSRNeon's, 2 LOR CTB16PC controllers, and an Ethernode driving a E682 controlling a 15' pixel tree. So far 2 nights of blinky flashy with no problems at all.

Mark

been very interested in the HELIX setup i will be asking lots of questions

Mark

Good job, I'm glad to hear you have your pixels running.

Do you have any tips or any lessons learned you can pass along.

I just finished my Ether-Node Controller today. A couple of backordered SIPs finally got here.

Bryan

This year I'll have:

1 Helix Main board V3
1 SSR Daughter board
2 Helix Daughter boards
10 SSRneons
1 Helix Ether-Node controller
1 E682
3 DMX RGB floods

Not used or built:

1 Helix Main board V2
1 Helix Ether-Node controller
1 SSR Daughter board
Too many SSRs/SSRneons

mlevings

Nice show and thanks again for the help.

My show is up and running, but not as impressive as your pixel mega tree.

Only issues now are some regular channels tripping my GFCIs due to the wet heavy snow we received the other day. Twelve channels out all together. Also caused some odd pixel behavior but that's working now. Working on drying some of the power cords out and ordered some waterproof (not that I believe that word) cord protectors. I've never had that many GFCI channel problems before so time to improve on that.

Bryan

Back