Helix wired option?

LRNeener

Does the Helix system have to be wireless or can it be wired? I would like to have the stand alone system. Plus running renard, and dmx. Also not having to buy dmx dongles would be a plus. I have searched but can not find anything about it on the new v2 baords.
Thanks
Camron

The Helix is only wireless between the Main Network Controller board and the Network Node boards (if needed). You still run cat5 between the Helix controllers and SSR's, Helix daughterboards, Renard controllers, etc.

Edit: I forgot to add that you also use a wireless link between your PC and the main controller to set the real time clock and calibrate the board.

Here's the wiki entry for the Helix : http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Helix

Here's the assembly manual as well for a V2 board :

Attachments

• Helix Main Board v2 Assembly.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Thank you Mike, your answer is spot on. The only other thing I would add is the wireless can also be used for troubleshooting and updating the sequences. This feature isn't available in the published version of the firmware but I've got an alpha version working on my systems. I hope to be able to push this update out soon.

I'm also working on a user manual that will hopefully help clear up a lot of the confusion with the Helix System. It will have a lot of diagrams as well as explainations of how all of this works.

Back