Help testing Vixen Remote Control website.

Drweird13

Hi,

EDIT: Testing is done, I have turned off the vixen server. Thank you all who helped!!!

First year doing a light show. I would like to have a "jukebox" feature, were the people standing or driving by in front of my house can select what song they'd like to hear from their smart phone. I have the website setup, and asking if you all would test it to see if you get any errors.

The website will load on either PC or smart phone.

If you'd like to help, visit http://www.northridgelights.com/

Click which song you'd like to hear, and it will begin playing. I've included a livestream on the page of my Vixen server to confirm song is playing (audio only).

Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:
I clicked through a few of the songs, and can see some activity on the livestream. Not sure exactly what it's telling me, but the activity seemed to coincide with the 'clicking', and I didn't see any errors.

I'm definitely interested in something like this. Out of curiosity, how would you control it to keep multiple people from changing songs. Say, I select a song, then someone in the car next to me selects another song. Will it switch to their song? Or play mine first, then change?

I clicked through a few of the songs, and can see some activity on the livestream. Not sure exactly what it's telling me, but the activity seemed to coincide with the 'clicking', and I didn't see any errors.

I'm definitely interested in something like this. Out of curiosity, how would you control it to keep multiple people from changing songs. Say, I select a song, then someone in the car next to me selects another song. Will it switch to their song? Or play mine first, then change?

As of now, anyone is able to change the song. So yes, that is a possibility.

Being my first year, I doubt this will be a problem as no one knows about it. In the future, I could implement a queueing system (which wouldn't be hard to do).

I also have, but not activated, a system that checks the person's geo-location to make sure they're actually near my house, so no one across the globe can spam it.

Thank you all for testing it, so far I haven't seen any hiccups on the server side!

Seems to work for me too. I thought about doing this last year but didn't have time. Care to post the code? I assume its PHP? If so I can help add queuing if you'd like. :)

Thanks,

-Joni-

Hi,

First year doing a light show. I would like to have a "jukebox" feature, were the people standing or driving by in front of my house can select what song they'd like to hear from their smart phone. I have the website setup, and asking if you all would test it to see if you get any errors.

The website will load on either PC or smart phone.

If you'd like to help, visit http://www.northridgelights.com/

Click which song you'd like to hear, and it will begin playing. I've included a livestream on the page of my Vixen server to confirm song is playing (audio only).

Thanks,
Brian

Back