Help with 24LV?

rkhanso

Hello,
I've not done anything at DIY Christmas for over a decade. I still have a lonely Kostyun 24 channel DC board, power supply and some of what I think were called Mike's Mini Porta Floods.
I'm trying to get this working again, but have no clue how to set it up. It looks like all the posts about this equipment hasn't seen anything for years. Is there still info around somewhere explaining how to get these Porta Floods working with this board?

I also have one of the DIY Entecc Pro DMX boxes.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Well, I took a chance and plugged a PortaFlood into channels 1-4 jack and it's lit up blue.
I think this is controlled with the DMX dongle, right?
I'll try that next.

There were a couple of early LED flood lights. My used 5mm round LEDs. Others used 4pin Pirana LEDs. Best to add a photo of your unit.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

They are dumb lights. Here's a picture.
My computer doesn't have a serial port so my RS485 serial interface won't work. I'll have to get a USB version. But I do have one of the old DIY Enttec Pro USB DMX dongles from the DIY Christmas forum from a decade+ ago. But I don't think the Porta Floods talk DMX, do they?

I was thinking about using them with an ESP8266 (not WLED, since these aren't addressable LEDs). But am open to any suggestions. I'm not sure if my Renard 24LV board is fully functional.

IMG_20211118_164855.jpg

They are dumb lights. Here's a picture.
My computer doesn't have a serial port so my RS485 serial interface won't work. I'll have to get a USB version. But I do have one of the old DIY Enttec Pro USB DMX dongles from the DIY Christmas forum from a decade+ ago. But I don't think the Porta Floods talk DMX, do they?

I was thinking about using them with an ESP8266 (not WLED, since these aren't addressable LEDs). But am open to any suggestions. I'm not sure if my Renard 24LV board is fully functional.

View attachment 44988

WLED and Esp is quite easy to setup and works great at controlling non addressable or addressable leds .
The latest firmware enables mono(white) channel -> R,G,B -> pixels -> and other variants user selectable output.

The EspixelStick firmware can control R,G, B -> and other user selectable outputs also .

I have WLED running on an ESP8266. I have some Mosfets that I'll use to power the PortaFloods. I'm just unsure what the pinout on the PortaFlood lights are.
I'll have to take them apart and trace it out.

Has anyone used WLED with a dumb LED string? I can't get the RGB to work at the same time.
When I connect the LEDs in GPIO 1, 2 and 3 - each single color will work when I have WLED set up to PWM White. When I change to PWM RGB, only one color will work (the first of the three GPIO pins).
It seems like a bug in WLED.

Aircookie (maker of WLED) helped me out. I had to turn off a setting in the WLED config. Clock Overlay.

Now I have to fix some 6-LED segments on the PortaFlood. I might have some bad solder joints or LEDs I suppose.

I went through the PortaFlood lights that didn't have all the LEDs lighting up and re-soldered every connection on the board. They still have trouble. (It's not just the green that has issues)
What would be the best way to troubleshoot this? Could it be just one bad LED in a segment? What about the sections that are lit up very dim?
IMG_20211130_111148.jpg
IMG_20211130_111155.jpg
IMG_20211130_111159.jpg

Back