HLS 2013 Training Video II

JHinkle

This covers making effects and more.

At the end of the Video, I find an issue with the way an effect was colored on a Segment.

The issue has been resolved and will be in the next release.

Enjoy.

Joe

Just got through the first one. Really detailed and appreciated you expanding on a few things. I'll dive into this one hopefully tomorrow.

Awesome Joe.
Does this mean that we can work on current sequences, or do we still need to wait a bit and just play around and learn this? For example, I am partially done my Jingle Rock Anthem sequence (started with version 10T), am I able to work on this sequence now, or wait?

You can work now ... the initial release jitters are gone.

If you are on 10T ... you are very old and missing several of my major updates that leapfrogged major changes.

As was stated in several posts you FIRST need to download 11H - load you sequence --- that will auto change you to the latest foundation - and SAVE it. Then download the latest 12 and you are good to go.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Could you please explain what went wrong when you added a custom effect and it wouldn't lock?
I have the same problem and don't know what I'm doing wrong.....

Found out that if there was ever an effect in any channel where you want to get a random effect you get the lock problem.
It doesn't make any difference if you delete everything in the channels even if there is nothing there anymore... *

Other problem I have is that I can't seem to ad a custom effect with the color I have selected next to the custom buttons.

Greetings, Robert

Last edited:
thank you for the videos .. I played it and I was able to do everything you showed.. but I was missing the change channel # button.. I just typed the 9 Channels you changed with the button manually.. the videos were a great help!!!

Back