Holiday candle

wilmar

Making a candle from 3” pvc jus got easier with these slip on set up. Files are free there’s a short version and a long version.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/holiday-candle
842bed51d7b73d27d70b5c2b54f1b3bd.jpg

aadeb858cd66d7136b48db08e7203677.jpg

5ff35f58ca78b92d576f3b6723299f16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Nice, I saw this on the Facebook page.
Great work!
The wife is already asking me to make these for driveway.

Very Nice, I saw this on the Facebook page.
Great work!
The wife is already asking me to make these for driveway.

I heard they are a bit tight so maybe scale the melted part up 1-2 percent.

Looks cool Wilmar. Thanks for bringing the DIY to Christmas and sharing your designs.

I think you experimented with lights through PVC? Do you think it is possible to make the candle "red" by adding enough RGB LEDs or does the wall thickness preclude using lights inside the PVC?

Wmaybe if you can get the thinner pvc I think it’s used in drainage that might work but sch 40 I don’t think it would work much .

Hi Wilmar.

Tried my first shot at the flame, .4 nozzle, 10% infill, no supports, now I have a very long string of .4 width PLA.

What print parameters have worked for you?

(Thanks to you (and your mega lightbulb print), I now have a CR10 v3, so no more height issues.)

Hi Wilmar.

Tried my first shot at the flame, .4 nozzle, 10% infill, no supports, now I have a very long string of .4 width PLA.

What print parameters have worked for you?

(Thanks to you (and your mega lightbulb print), I now have a CR10 v3, so no more height issues.)

I use spiral mode in cura with default settings for petg no infill and make overhangs printable
Zero bottom layers

I should mention that spiral mode is on.

Without supports the print shows 3 hours 57 min and 10 meter of filament
With supports 15 hours 46 min and 34meter of filament

I should mention that spiral mode is on.

Without supports the print shows 3 hours 57 min and 10 meter of filament
With supports 15 hours 46 min and 34meter of filament

I don’t use supports I use make overhangs printable

Also using Cura now.

OK, I found the 'make overhangs printable' button. 4 hours 18 min, trying that now.

Looks like it loses some definition on the side

Printing just fine now. Thanks Wilmar.

While waiting I checked online for the price of 3" PVC. Yikes.

I'm going to have to look for abandoned houses, forget the copper, going for pvc!

It's lovely! Now I’m fired up to try my hand at making a similar candle myself. I just love candles and have decorated my whole house with them. I always have several sets of candles for different occasions: Halloween, Xmas, Valentine’s, etc. I usually order mine on graciemoonscents.com. In addition to looking stylish and creating an atmosphere of comfort, these candles are also eco-friendly. I’m eco-aware, so for me, this is a huge selling point.

Last edited:
It's lovely! What did you make such a wonderful holiday candle out of? I love candles and decorate my house with them all the time.

3D printed the parts to just add a piece of 3” pvc pipe to it .

wilmar,

I'm thinking of stepping into the 3D Print world to make a similar project.

I believe it was noted the bulb is PLA material? What are your thoughts on PETG or ASA. I'm reading the later 2 are more UV resistant for outdoor exposure. What's your experience?

Is your PLA standard or a translucent variety? Have you ever used clear for a similar project? How many watts or LED/pixels do you use per bulb?

Sorry for all the questions but this has peaked my curiosity.

Back