Home Etch Grinch file

The parts you have will work on the etched board you have, you just won't use all of them as I stated above. ;)

Sorry for not getting back sooner.
My internet is way down, I'm in the Iowa flood.
See streeming reports at: www.kcrg.com
Looks like I'll be holding off for a bit.
All the best to all of you.
S.

I built one a couple weeks ago but had to wait for the darned MBI chips from King Electronics. Plugged 'em in tonite and fired it up -- works fine although the channel layout on the board isn't the same as an Olsen. Essentially, each of the 4 chips has 16 channels, 8 on one side then 8 on the other directly adjacent to the chip. Then the next 16 channels are the next chip, etc.

The Olsen has channels 1-32 on one side of the board and 33-64 on the other.

From the end of the board, the Grinch has channels 1-8, 17-24, 33-40, 49-56 on one side. On the other side are channels 9-16, 25-32, 41-48, 57-64. So you just have to remember where to plug things in.

Otherwise, it seems to work fine. I built it because it'll be out near the street and if somebody decided to help themselves to the controller box and drive off (in the true Christmas spirit...) I wouldn't be losing a Renard or Olson, but a much cheaper board.

-dirknerkle

Ive downloaded the ExpressPCB file for the grinch controller but Im confused about what pins I put the positive and negative power through, can anyone help?

steve

Ive downloaded the ExpressPCB file for the grinch controller but Im confused about what pins I put the positive and negative power through, can anyone help?

steve

Bring external power in via the RJ45 IN connector on pin 1 (5 VDC) and pin 3 (GND).

Back