How do I open the programmers guide?

jpb

Hi,
I have downloaded the programmers guide from vixenlights.com but I can't open it in Firefox or IE. What am I doing wrong.
What I am really looking for is a rough guide on scripting so I can make a background sequance. Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks, Jon

What is the link to the guide you downloaded?

There are some notes in the beta3 thread, look for the sticky at the top of the thread posts.

ms

The link to the programmers guide is
http://www.vixenlights.com/files/Vixen%20Programmer's%20Guide.chm

it is supposed to be a complied HTML help document but I can't open it.

I have had a look at the notes in the sticky but figured there was another guide somewhere, or is it just suck it and see?

Jon

Its compiled windows help file. You should be able to open it via windows automatically with the help file viewer. If you can't try downloading the .zip file, unzip it and open that file with a double click in windows.

The file appears to be generated by Visual Studio 2005.

This Zip File

If you have not already looked, check out the Beta 3 sticky with attached text docs related to scripting.

ms

jpb said:
The link to the programmers guide is
http://www.vixenlights.com/files/Vixen%20Programmer's%20Guide.chm

it is supposed to be a complied HTML help document but I can't open it.

I have had a look at the notes in the sticky but figured there was another guide somewhere, or is it just suck it and see?

Jon

Interestingly, I tried to open it directly from the link, and it didn't open corectly, however, when I saved it to my desktop and then opened it, the data was visible.
Perhaps that same behavior ocurred in your case.
Tony

One of the security fixes that Microsoft released a year or two ago prevents you from opening HTML help files that are located remotely, be it on the internet or even a network location. There are ways around it, but the easiest is to have it in a local location, like your desktop.

Back