How many members of Diyc are ?

I will update all my videos this weekend using the current version of hls .

i have not completed 1 sequence yet still building elements and busy with work .

Sharing sequences with hls is very ez .

also reusing channel confguratios is as simple as saving your sequence -channel layout to a library and loading it from the library each time you create a new sequence .

I will recover all in very simple terms so you can use hls for this year without worry .

Cheers
Richard .

As always Richard, thanks for your support. By no means was a I criticizing HLS or your efforts in being the Dean of the HLS Education Foundaton. I am just struggling and am overwhelmed. My comments are purely about and my own situation.

I look forward to your updated videos.

No worries Kelly , I was not remotely considering that you were :)

I my self can feel the pressure of christmas fast approaching and am struggling with it all just like many others are. Still i would like to help others whom are even further behind with sequencing and unfamiliar with Hls.

I am a bit fortunate as i picked up how Hls works right off the hop and Joe graciously answerd all my dumb questions early on .

I feel that others could pick it up a little quicker if i help out on the visual end of learning by doing the videos is all .

Cheers
Richard

I haven't seen any updates to this thread. I'm looking into HLS and was wondering who else is currently using it

With Richard so close to where I live, I will be using HLS also. I have been playing around with it, and it is quite good. I am getting more comfortable with it and understanding more each day I use it. Although I will not have a show this year, I am looking forward to next year, and becoming a HLS master like Angus40. :thup:

With Richard so close to where I live, I will be using HLS also. I have been playing around with it, and it is quite good. I am getting more comfortable with it and understanding more each day I use it. Although I will not have a show this year, I am looking forward to next year, and becoming a HLS master like Angus40. :thup:

Whoa .. hold the phone on Master . there can be only 1 and that would be Mr. Hinkle .

I am just an experienced user of Hls who is learning from these threads and others experiences also.

There is a wealth of very intelligent people here using Hls whom frequently chime in on these threads .

I appreciate your vote of confidence though .

Richard

your welcome. :)

this is a newbie question, but I see how long it takes to sequence now and have a much greater appreciation of what has gone into make these shows possible. Standing "O" to all of you! My question is, HLS tells me that there is an update available, and asks if I want to go to that page and get the new file. If I say yes, then I download the new zip file. do I just extract it to the HLS folder I made on my "c" drive and overwrite any files it asks to? Also, to confirm, it will not erase any of my work to date?

Thanks

your welcome. :)

this is a newbie question, but I see how long it takes to sequence now and have a much greater appreciation of what has gone into make these shows possible. Standing "O" to all of you! My question is, HLS tells me that there is an update available, and asks if I want to go to that page and get the new file. If I say yes, then I download the new zip file. do I just extract it to the HLS folder I made on my "c" drive and overwrite any files it asks to? Also, to confirm, it will not erase any of my work to date?

Thanks

Correct, the HLS package just has the files in the root of the HLS folders, it only seems to create the folders if they don't exist. Since Joe is so fast with releases I actually have several different folders with different versions of HLS and copy those subfolders to the new install after extracting, this kind of serves as a way to make me backup files for several versions should something bad happen.

Because HLS makes the adjusting of the effects so much easier, I am using it this year for me show. Great software Joe.

Back