How to repair Inflatable holes? Possible sagging

robl45

Hello,

I see there is a thread from years ago about sagging inflatables, I just threw out an 11ft Bear as it wouldn't stay up anymore, but it is replaced so I should have a couple of years before that is a problem. I would appreciate advice if anyone found any ideas on how to solve sagging though, the main things I got from the other thread were silicone sealer and spray starch.

For my current issue, I got a 14ft Rudolph last year. Limited edition and it has some small holes. One or two might have developed during the season last year, one was on the foot when I got it and I was told there are no more and keep it or return it. I wasn't returning the 14 ft Rudolph :) LOL.

Anyway, Its not like its a seem that I can sew but I am worried about it getting worse. Technically I could probably sew the holes, but I don't want to make a mess either. I have seen like the clear almost like scotch tape stuff that I was thinking about trying. Any suggestions?

Inflatable holes? I've never heard of them. Where did you get them?

Seriously, repairing an inflatable is a lot like fixing a beach ball, kids' inflatable pool or other water toy. Check with a place that sells these things -- they'll have plenty of materials to fix them.

Last edited:
We have used the clear gorilla tape. But it comes loose and has to be replaced periodically. I like Dirknerkle?s suggestion. I?ll have to try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife (who knows more about sewing than I do) was successful with a 12-foot inflatable by using tape AND thread. Like, she sewed on the tape. Beyond that, all I know is, our inflatable works.

Back