How to sequence 4.5v DC to Lemax or Dept. 56 buildings one at a time

aj_chicago

I saw a programmable sequencing device on youtube about the size of a hand held transistor radio and made specifically for Christmas Villages that would sequence 4.5v dc to individual devices one at a time. That way you don't have them constantly lit and playing sound over each other. You hear one at a time. It sequenced 8 different outputs, I think. I could never find anything like this. Anything available today like that?

Sunshine plus skis and showshoes! Sheesh! Thanks for the only response. Looking for something more "plug n play," that you don't have to be a soldering or electronics geek to install. I referred to that simple, transistor radio sized, programmable, 8 output, AC/DC sequencer. IT EXISTS!... or existed. I saw it! Is there nothing like that out there anywhere today? Nothing made in China (what isn't made there) or anything? I can't believe there is no market for such a device.

Last edited:
https://www.wayfair.com/lighting/pd...e-with-speed-control-dial-winl1259.html?piid=
It does AC but you could daisy chain a few. I kind of think the chase would be too fast but there is not much detail in there.
The arduino with relay really is an easy solution. You would only need something like a mega with a power supply and a cheap relay board for the outputs with some dupont style wire connectors. The cheap relay board will click each time but it might actually be hypnotic to have a regular spaced click in the room. Programming for something like this would be pretty easy.

Maybe you are looking for "traffic light controller"?

Or maybe this is what you need? https://www.electronickits.com/product/8-channel-dc-light-controller-assembled-2/

I think response notification are getting sent to the SPAM box. I am not seeing these. Thanks for the response. This is the best thing (and least expensive) that I have seen, but it says nothing of how long in time the sequencing can be programmed to!... and it's solder only. The one I referred to is an 8 port pluggable unit that Lemax 4.5vdc accessories (or houses) plug into. Plug and play. Still looking.

Back