I got a one star review on google. How should I make my show better?

Spankyty

Hi, this is kind of an I just need to let it out message. I got a one-star on google because of my light show. I don't understand why as it of course is better than static lights? I don't know. How do I make my show better... I don't have money for pixels. I am still using AC. I think I'm overthinking it. My song choice is all Christmas and I barely have anything slow, I don't know. I want to do something huge, this person got me wanting more now.

Hi, this is kind of an I just need to let it out message. I got a one-star on google because of my light show. I don't understand why as it of course is better than static lights? I don't know. How do I make my show better... I don't have money for pixels. I am still using AC. I think I'm overthinking it. My song choice is all Christmas and I barely have anything slow, I don't know. I want to do something huge, this person got me wanting more now.

You will never please everyone, aim to please those who can see the effort and appreciate your efforts to provide a fun family activity to the rest in the community.

In other words, if all they bothered to do was click 1 star without even putting out the effort to express why they gave that 1 star, then don’t worry about it so much. People are quick to let others know when they dislike something but slow to speak up when they like something. Positive reviews are worth ten times more than negative reviews.

That being said, I’ve had people request slower and more classical songs. Not everybody wants the up beat song when they are out for their relaxing evening walks. That may be what it is.

I like the look of the AC lights. That’s what I use too.

Where do we go to up vote you ? There are certainly enough members here that can lend a hand to turn the frown upside down !
Let's show google how we here at DiYc feel about your 4 star display :)

You will never please everyone, aim to please those who can see the effort and appreciate your efforts to provide a fun family activity to the rest in the community.

In other words, if all they bothered to do was click 1 star without even putting out the effort to express why they gave that 1 star, then don’t worry about it so much. People are quick to let others know when they dislike something but slow to speak up when they like something. Positive reviews are worth ten times more than negative reviews.

That being said, I’ve had people request slower and more classical songs. Not everybody wants the up beat song when they are out for their relaxing evening walks. That may be what it is.

I like the look of the AC lights. That’s what I use too.

That's really interesting people want slower songs! Some told me the opposite so yep, can't please everyone. :D

Not sympathy . Respect for a fellow forum member and hobbyist . The effort we all undertake in this addiction, hobby and craze for lights is ominous and the general viewer has no idea how life consuming this hobby is .

Keep up the great work and just know your show is appreciated by the majority of its viewers . :)

Not sympathy . Respect for a fellow forum member and hobbyist . The effort we all undertake in this addiction, hobby and craze for lights is ominous and the general viewer has no idea how life consuming this hobby is .

Keep up the great work and just know your show is appreciated by the majority of its viewers . :)

Well, thank you for the respect. I do so respect you all here. It's a very nice community. :)

Hi, for what it’s worth my philosophy is:

I’m a husband, farther, employer and seasonal decorator.

Am I the best at all these things? No but after 25 years of relationship (9 years of marriage), 19 years of parenthood, 9 years of being an employer and 9 years of seasonal decorating, I don’t really care what social media thinks.

The display you have produced will put a smile on many peoples faces as they walk or drive past. If you must go on line for gratitude, take the positives and skip the other comments.

Big pat on the back from me for trying to make people happier – even more important in a year like this.

Can I take this opportunity to wish you a merry Christmas and a fabulous next year.

If you like it,that's all that matters.
I quit worrying about whatever other people thought years ago.:biggrin2:

Hi, for what it’s worth my philosophy is:

I’m a husband, farther, employer and seasonal decorator.

Am I the best at all these things? No but after 25 years of relationship (9 years of marriage), 19 years of parenthood, 9 years of being an employer and 9 years of seasonal decorating, I don’t really care what social media thinks.

The display you have produced will put a smile on many peoples faces as they walk or drive past. If you must go on line for gratitude, take the positives and skip the other comments.

Big pat on the back from me for trying to make people happier – even more important in a year like this.

Can I take this opportunity to wish you a merry Christmas and a fabulous next year.
I appreciate that. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Sent from my Moto G7 Power using Tapatalk

Back