Importing a NC effect into a vertical Matrix

Christmasgeek

Joe I am currently running 22H, made a quick nutcracker effect, imported and the effect ran upside down (my matrix is 36 strings with 50 pixels and I have them running top to bottom, ie pixel one is upper left corner string one, pixel 50 is lower left corner string one.....etc) so I run a test and its upside down (yes mapping is correct in NC ( I have other effects that worked correctly in 20G) so I remap in nutcracker pixel one lower left corner, pixel 50 upper left corner, run test in HLS still upside down plus 2 crashes when deleting external PP effects which never has never happened and locked up my laptop (wouldn't let me type what I was doing to send to you), Have no idea what's different, tried fix NC effect but looks as if that's for a horizontal since it was scrambled.

Gary

ya well I was having good luck with 20 G and still have it.........hmmm maybe go back to it (I think 22 H is the newest Joe is just to dang quick on upgrades) figure with all the stuff going on I'd upgrade and this is the only issue I have experienced, sorry everyone with horizontals but my little brain could only handle verticals (especially doing facial animations) my hats off to all whom use H matrixes but I am a simple man and love the KISS method lol

Never go Back --- always forward.

If there is an issue --- it gets fixed quickly.

22H is solid -- no issues.

If you are working with NC effects --- PLEASE ---- before you post you are having an issue ...

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU RUN THE NC EFFECT TESTER and you see it run perfectly THERE.

If you can not get it to run in the Tester --- you need to go back to NC and address the issue there.

There are many posts on this subject during the last week.

Thanks.

Joe I am currently running 22H, made a quick nutcracker effect, imported and the effect ran upside down (my matrix is 36 strings with 50 pixels and I have them running top to bottom, ie pixel one is upper left corner string one, pixel 50 is lower left corner string one.....etc) so I run a test and its upside down (yes mapping is correct in NC ( I have other effects that worked correctly in 20G) so I remap in nutcracker pixel one lower left corner, pixel 50 upper left corner, run test in HLS still upside down plus 2 crashes when deleting external PP effects which never has never happened and locked up my laptop (wouldn't let me type what I was doing to send to you), Have no idea what's different, tried fix NC effect but looks as if that's for a horizontal since it was scrambled.

Gary

Gary:

I see no comment in your post about testing the effect in the TESTER ... please do so.

Thanks.

ya well I was having good luck with 20 G and still have it.........hmmm maybe go back to it (I think 22 H is the newest Joe is just to dang quick on upgrades) figure with all the stuff going on I'd upgrade and this is the only issue I have experienced, sorry everyone with horizontals but my little brain could only handle verticals (especially doing facial animations) my hats off to all whom use H matrixes but I am a simple man and love the KISS method lol

I'm sorry --- I did not see a question to answer for you.

Joe

Joe I did state I tried the tester, runs upside down no matter how I have NC mapped, this is the first issue I have ran into regarding NC and a Vertical Matrix, all NC effects before my upgrade work fine (even in 22 H) all new effects whether in preview or tester run upside down regardless of how mapped in NC but the right directions.

sorry about the post after Richards

Gary

The effects were nothing but some simple jpegs to fill in for an intro, I am not going to spend a lot of time trying to get something to do what worked but now doesn't to fill in a small block of time before a song actually starts as I have way more to do for xmas than Halloween. I keep my matrix very simple just top to bottom vice bottom to top, every thing worked fine between both now just opposite position no matter how mapped in NC, now comes upside down. If I can't get what I was hoping I'll just figure out something else.

Gary

Gary:

I hate to say it but HLS and NC --- two wrongs made a right with some effects.

HLS had an issue in that I was NOT Previewing the NC effects from the PP to channel mapping as I had thought -- It was playing as order you had created the PP.

I found this issue with HLS when I made Preview Matrix very easy.

I suspect your effects might have displayed in the Preview as you wished but they would not have played on the real lights.

I focus is to make sure your lights play this Christmas --- no good if they look good in Preview and are garbage in lights.

Once I had discovered my short comings in HLS and addressed them --- THEN it became apparent that NC effect format was incorrect for many effects.

So --- earlier -- you had wrong HLS + wrong NC == good Preview ... but == bad lights.

So --- yes -- you may have had some effects that you think were going to work but they were going to actually display as garbage in lights.

HLS is 100% now in the Preview and Lights area. In the last week, I have had several users that have operational lights confirm this.

What I have also confirmed is the vast number of NC effects that would not have played this Christmas in lights that were playing in Preview.

The goal is Lights -- not Preview.

HLS will take a PNG file if you want to convert your jpegs.

Sorry you are having issues with your NC effects. I can feel your pain and others that say --- they worked before Joe made the change --- I'll just go back.

If you do ... they might look nice in Preview ... but your show will be a flop.

Sorry I discovered the issue so late --- but there is still time to recover.

Joe

There is another way to try to save your effects to work correctly < no gaurantee though .

create a dummy display group of rgb channels that supports the channel count for the effect and drop the NC effect onto this dummy rgb display group .

use mirror vertical or mirror horizonal to orientate the effect correctly and save as a hlsnc pp effect > re try on your pp and see if it works correctly .

fingers crossed :)

Back