Importing XL WH into HLS?

MindTrik

I'm trying to wrap my head around how this would work....anyone do this with XL and HLS?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Been trying to wrap my head around it too. There has to be a way of creating a a PP or segment/s in HLS and drop a WHM effect from XL/NC onto it. I did start to make a large vertical matrix some time back, in HLS that covered the house but dropped the idea, waiting instead for it to be implemented. We need someone from the XL/NC team to give some direction on how the WHM is created (based on a matrix?) Could we simply drop it onto a matrix PP in HLS? Probably not.
I really like using HLS as my main sequencer with NC for some effects. The WH effect would complete my sequencing needs.

Last edited:
Is that with a grid and assigning pixels to the grid? That's what I started earlier in the year. I kept getting stuck and had to rethink size and dimensions. Maybe I was overthinking it (probably, I tend to do that). I'll have another go at it I guess.

I went down this path last year for a bit as well but ran into issues when trying to incorporate things like Rope light elements and LED's into the WHM.
I can definitely understand Joe's frustration, I think he could implement a "pixel only" solution quite easily but LED's and such complicate things a great deal.
I guess the best solution is just go all pixel!:thup2:

I am going to keep an eye on this thread to see if you guys come up with a makeshift solution. Good Luck! I have to get back to converting 6 songs for Halloween....

I went down this path last year for a bit as well but ran into issues when trying to incorporate things like Rope light elements and LED's into the WHM.
I can definitely understand Joe's frustration, I think he could implement a "pixel only" solution quite easily but LED's and such complicate things a great deal.
I guess the best solution is just go all pixel!:thup2:

I am going to keep an eye on this thread to see if you guys come up with a makeshift solution. Good Luck! I have to get back to converting 6 songs for Halloween....

IMO, a whole house capability should be only pixel. More than likely you want to do color fades up/down -- left/right.

I still can't imagine how someone would program a WH with incans and leds embedded within --- how would that look????

I just released 24T which increases Segment and PP to be associated with 60,000 channels - up from 20,000 prior to this release.

You can make a WH PP -- just use my PP manager to assign all of the pixels and RGB channels in the PP assignment grid where they are located on the house.

Joe

I think people use "WH" in two different ways. Pixels ONLY using a wipe, effect across the entirety of your pixels across your yard. Then, WIPE effects that do like a black out rolling across the yard or maybe an all white across the yard. THAT is where using Icans would be in the WH.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how this would work....anyone do this with XL and HLS?

I don't understand why you would want to export XL into hls. Why not import hls into xlights, then do effects and "whole house" stuff within xlights?

For me, I used lor last year, so this is my first year using pixels and not using LOR software. Xlights can do it all.

The way that I can see this working with HLS is via the PP .

You will need to channel order your WH matrix within HLS accordingly .

If you have single color elements , you may/will need to be creative with some rgb channels to account for those .

I played around last year trying to import XL WHMs into a PP...... Didn't seem to matter how I ordered things in my PP I couldn't get it to work. On the other hand...I set up my "work Group" in HLS to match the output of my WHM from XL and pasted the HLSNC file onto the RGB channels and it worked like a champ..... So I ended up going away from PP's in some sequences where I wanted the WHM effect..... Since I found a work around I never got around to asking Joe or Sean for help on it....

I played around last year trying to import XL WHMs into a PP...... Didn't seem to matter how I ordered things in my PP I couldn't get it to work. On the other hand...I set up my "work Group" in HLS to match the output of my WHM from XL and pasted the HLSNC file onto the RGB channels and it worked like a champ..... So I ended up going away from PP's in some sequences where I wanted the WHM effect..... Since I found a work around I never got around to asking Joe or Sean for help on it....

There is , in certain circumstances incompatibility issues from XL/NC export > HLSNC where the effect may require Joes correction tool .

No need to avoid using PP :)

I am yet to try the new NC as it seems a new learning will be required .

Back