Is it possible to create a sequence that is continuously one static color?

ArcticWhite

I am doing some pixel yard lighting, not a christmas scene. I would like to create a sequence that is one static color that does not change.

Is there a way to loop a sequence where the lights do not go off then on every time the sequence restarts?

I'm curious if there is another way to do this rather than to create a multi-hour annimation containing the "on" function.

That would be possible, just would never turn off. Some controllers stay locked in to test mode when you shut them off like my E682. If so, you could just put the controller on an external timer switching the ac input on/off and schedule it that manner.

Raspberry pi with FPP on it as a show computer. It has plugins and scripts that allow me to use my controllers to turn on static lights and are not part of the show. Even though I use it on AC controllers I assume you could use it to turn on only the channels you want to get colors you want on Pixels. You have to set up Pixel Overlay Models, Upload the script, set up a playlist to play the script, then a schedule to play the play list.

Raspberry pi with FPP on it as a show computer. It has plugins and scripts that allow me to use my controllers to turn on static lights and are not part of the show. Even though I use it on AC controllers I assume you could use it to turn on only the channels you want to get colors you want on Pixels. You have to set up Pixel Overlay Models, Upload the script, set up a playlist to play the script, then a schedule to play the play list.
While all of these steps may sound complicated, they really are not. Once you watch a video to walk you through the steps, you find it very easy to do.

You can also leverage the "blank between sequence" feature on the FPP. I believe it's on by default, but you can turn it off on the FPP settings page. Then you can just create a short sequence to set the scene you're looking for then play it on the FPP. when it's over, the lights stay in that final position. This sequence can be as short as you like. I've got one that's just 2 seconds and exported at 100ms interval.
Or you can set that same sequence to loop over and over in a scheduled playlist and it'll seamlessly loop with no blink.

The only gotcha is that you also need a blank sequence, or a sequence that ends with all lights off in order to turn all the lights off when you want that.

Back