Jump Drives

Wayne J

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a new Lexar Jump Drive today and it has some interesting software included with it. It is called "Power To Go" What makes it interesting is the ability to put your compurter applications on it and run them on any computer from the Jump Drive. I have put Vixen on mine and going to give it a shot at work tomorrow.
I like this because I get tired of the clueless stares when I try to explain what is involved with the sequening and how it is going to look. Now I should be able to plug this in and then it's 'show and tell' 8)

Here is a link to the software, free download and only works with Lexar Jump Drives.

http://www.lexar.com/powertogo/index.html

You should be able to use anything that looks like a writable drive (i.e. hard drive, flash drive, network drive, RAM drive even an RW CDROM if your system treats it as a standard drive. Vixen was specifically written to run from any drive or directory.

Vixen should work fine with "Power To Go", though it wouldn’t be necessary.

I tried it last night on a SanDisk thumbdrive with no special software. Vixen ran like a champ!

edit: RonP brought a good point to my attention. The pc I used had the .net framework installed previously. And that maybe the software that Wayne has will allow the .net framework to be brought along as well???

Macrosill said:
I tried it last night on a SanDisk thumbdrive with no special software. Vixen ran like a champ!

edit: RonP brought a good point to my attention. The I used had the .net framework installed previously. And that maybe the software that Wayne has will allow the .net framework to be brought along as well???

The .net framework is an issue. I tried to run Vixen on two work computers and it was a no go. I need to try to get the .net framework installed on the drive and see if that fixes it.

Wayne,

If you put the .net framework installer on the thumb drive, and ran Vixen, I would expect the application to prompt you to install .net if the host computer didn't already have it installed.

Jack

Since I do my sequencing both at home and during quiet moments at work,
I use the jump drive to store the sequences and music on.
Other than having to re-select the jump drive whenever I select the sequence,
everything runs fine over the USB both music and sequence.
The .Net is installed on both computers, not the jump drive.
altho, I have the .Net installer on the jump, so I can install it if needed on the host computer.

Back