keep them together, or seperate them?

Josh

Ok, on my house we have 4 poles on the porch, and 4 bushes in front of the house.

Currently and last year, i matched the poles, far left, far right, left and right. Then i also did the bushes, the front, and the rear. I also have candycanes down the sidewalk, and they are paired in most songs.

my question is, should i unpair them? I have a few songs where i have done both. But to me, if they are not together, it looks random, and not as well planned out. But on the other hand, together, even though i have 12 channels, it does not seem like it since 80% of the time they flash in pairs.

I usualy do my posts all on one channel why?
instead of the flashy i get the bang all on.
I dont think any way is wrong or right
if your looking for a change do 1 channel then
use 2-3 colors one color per channel

Hey,
here is a picture of my preview.

also attached is a sequence to show what i mean by "pairs"

not sure what i need to include to get the preview to work, but there is the sequence file.

Last edited:
I used every discrete element as its own channel. My opinion is that the finer control you can have the more room for creativity there will be later, this year or future years. This year those elements are now taking up 4 channels. 1 red, 1 blue, 1 white and 1 green. So all my bushes now require 4 channels. I am building light fabric to hold the lights that will be laid on the bush with the SSR pod attached.

I have attached a pdf of my preview build as of last week. This represents about 101 channels.

ms

Attachments

• 2007__stemplelights_186.pdf
    410.7 KB · Views: 37
that is a good layout, and that is where i want to be next year. Last year i only had 12 channels to work with, so that is why only one color. This year i was uncertain to if i would have more channels or not. I do have the SSR's and a 595 controller, so i am capable of 64 channels. Issue there is money for more lights, and the extension cords for all 16 pods.

But yes, next year will be different, and hopefully i will not be in the same house even 8)

Every element gets it own channel and sometimes lights are cut up to give finer control.

You can always assign the same events to two channels but you can not separate an item if it is not wired that way.

I thought 250 channels would be enough but it looks like 280 this year if I can get two more 16 channel Renards done in time.

JOel

Attachments

• xmas2007preview_102.jpg
    xmas2007preview_102.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 258
i understand they have to be wired that way, like i mentioned i have 12 channels... actually i have capabilities for 64. But i always went in pairs to make it easier on the eyes, and make it look like it had order. But im thinking maybe its not a great idea to do this. The problem is im working with what i have, and not much yard room for additional items. IF i am still here next year, i will have a mega tree. And plan to add additional colors on the items.

Last year only had 32 channels, this year 128. I bought a carton (36 one-hundred ct string) of each of the color. Got them at Target for about $1.70 each. Adds a lot really quick. I am using target .2 amp per 100.

ms

Back