Laser Engraver/Cutter Parts

mikeh65

Supporting Member
I am not sure how many people in this hobby have access to one of these. But since getting one, I find it is faster to proto-type parts and cut them out then it is to design and 3D print. With this in mind I have been working on a new controller box for my show. I am using a Harbor Freight 50 Cal. Ammo box and an 12v 360w power supply purchased from Amazon. I use my laser design software to create a holder for the power supply in the box and created and plate to go across the top to mount the controller, volt meter, and bus bars for voltage injection. I am posting pictures and outputs of the design idea and the assembled parts. FYI, the final laser cut design can be cut out of one sheet of 3mm basswood 12 in x 12 in and in less than 1 1/2 hours. I lot less time it would take me to 3D print power supply feet.

Please give me your input and thoughts. Thanks!

Attachments

• AmmoBox_PowerSupplyHolder.jpg
    AmmoBox_PowerSupplyHolder.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 36
  • AmmoBox_PowerSupplyHolder2.jpg
    AmmoBox_PowerSupplyHolder2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 32
  • AmmoBox_PowerSupplyHolder-FullAssumbled.jpg
    AmmoBox_PowerSupplyHolder-FullAssumbled.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 34
  • AmmoBox_PowerSupplyHolder-WithoutSupply.jpg
    AmmoBox_PowerSupplyHolder-WithoutSupply.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 31
  • AmmoBox_PowerSupplyHolder-CompleteParts.jpg
    AmmoBox_PowerSupplyHolder-CompleteParts.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 31
More designs and Picture

Attachments

• ControllerMountPlate.jpg
    ControllerMountPlate.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 24
  • PowerSupplyHolder-Parts.jpg
    PowerSupplyHolder-Parts.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230801_182249~2.jpg
    20230801_182249~2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230801_182328~2.jpg
    20230801_182328~2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230801_182337~2.jpg
    20230801_182337~2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 31
Nice! Need to convince my wife to let me buy one. My wife has a Cricut that can cut Basswood up to 3mm, so this would be a nice option if you don't have access to a Laser Engraver/Cutter.

I have engraved acrylic. Nightlight from Dollar Tree. But have not cut yet. Engraved glass, powder coated metal, plastic, bamboo, leather. Cut wood, paper, and leather. Decided to do this project out of wood so parts could be glued together. Each foot is four layers so they will be about .5 inch thick. It also lets me then screw down controller boards and pieces without having to pre make a hole.

Have you tried to laser cut acrylic sheet?

I have engraved acrylic. Nightlight from Dollar Tree. But have not cut yet. Engraved glass, powder coated metal, plastic, bamboo, leather. Cut wood, paper, and leather. Decided to do this project out of wood so parts could be glued together. Each foot is four layers so they will be about .5 inch thick. It also lets me then screw down controller boards and pieces without having to pre make a hole

Back