Latest sinking code - flicker free?

randaman55

Hello,
I've been dealing with some flicker since last year and never figured it out. Reading through some of the posts, it was mentioned new code was made to adjust some of the timing and that solved the issue. Is this available for sinking code?
thanks,
-Randy

When I had flicker problems, it was because of EMI (Electromagnetic Interference).
It went away when I had all unused channels disabled, and all channels on boards all populated with lights wired to them. Ultimately, you could get some EMI filters and put them in your circuit.

That I am aware of, this is not a coding issue, so it has nothing to do with the code. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone! Chances are, you ran into one of my posts. lol

Re: Latest sinking code - flicker free? **RESOLVED**

**UPDATE**
I posted this on another post, but figured it should be here too:
Well I finally may have figured this out after reading many times what everyone else has been saying about using emi filters. I just couldn't bring myself to believing I would need emi filters on every ssr circuit so I didn't give it much thought. So, reluctantly I thought I would give it a try. First I put an emi filter on a single dirkcheap ssr on my bench and the flicker did not improve, actually looked worse for some reason. So, I browsed through some more posts, and I was about to order a 6V regulator and a beefier transformer when I decided I would put another emi filter on the 12vac power transformer to see if that helped. To my surprise, it cleaned it right up. Just to be sure, I removed the emi filter to confirm and sure thing the flicker came back, replaced the emi filter, and sure enough the flicker was gone. So, hopefully this is the only location I will need an emi filter. I am looking forward to a flicker free display this year. Gonna be a long weekend getting setup - I feel behind, but since our HOA has a 30 days before a holiday rule, this is the soonest I can put up lights...

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I have been real busy but I have posted some new code that may help.

The field modules do need clean data signals to know exactly when to turn off the triacs. As far as I can tell some ocsillators run a little slow and cause the triac to stay on too long but dirty signals will kill you every time.

Back