LED Strips to go on eaves

want to add some cool LED lighting to my eaves for multi-seasonal lighting effects and there are a TON of products being offered these days. Not looking to sync to a light show (haven't decided if I want to go that route), anyone have any recommendations? I would love it if I could set up patterns that moved like right to left across my house.

I figured this is the best community to ask because y'all are amazing.

I have a personal bias against the 1:1 ws2812 (and higher) strips, The 3:1 strips work well for me. Mounting the strips is actually your biggest hurdle. I suggest you get a version that is in a silicon sleeve. The molded versions tend to seperte and lose weather integrity. You will need some sort of controller. For something like this a PixelStick (or any varients) or a dig=uno runnig WLED woould be a good choice.

My suggestion is to look at WLED. With this you can get the best of both as you can do individual control of strings. You can sync strings or groups of strings. And WLED supports E1.31 whereas you could also sync music to the strings if you wanted too.

Back