Lights for Wireframe Deer

smccoy

Hello

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I have 11 3d wireframe reindeer that I will be replacing the old (some really old...) incandescent lights on for the upcoming season. I had been planning on using M5 LEDs for this but I was wondering if anyone has had success using either dumb RGB nodes or pixels instead? I have done some searching and haven't found anything which may mean its a bad idea...

If nodes work, the added color control would be really nice!

I am actually considering to do the same thing to two wire frame 3d deers I got at Lowes a few years back. I going to use dumb rgb. If I get it done before you I will post pics.

Cesar J. Morin
http://cj.morin.rocks

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE*Samsung SM-G928V Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphone*using*Tapatalk for Android.

Great! I'm planning on dumb RGB as there is no need to set colors of every pixel on a deer and no reason to have to deal with 1+ universe of pixels for every one of them either... I'm going to mock something up and will post pictures of that as well.

I would think that pixels would be real expensive for these.
You could do it nicely with an RGB string of M5 style LEDs and get all the effects you need for only 3 channels per deer. 4 channels if you want to include a pure white string.
You can then do each deer wirelessly by using the RENesp modules that folks like dirknerkle have ready to sell with his miniREN technology.

Great idea. Not sure why that slipped my mind but that sounds like it will get what I am looking for with much better light density than I could ever get using dumb nodes or pixels at a much lower cost.

I'll look into the RENesp modules as well, those sound quite promising!

I would think that pixels would be real expensive for these.
You could do it nicely with an RGB string of M5 style LEDs and get all the effects you need for only 3 channels per deer. 4 channels if you want to include a pure white string.
You can then do each deer wirelessly by using the RENesp modules that folks like dirknerkle have ready to sell with his miniREN technology.

Where can one get M5 style RGB led's? I'm not familiar with that light.

There is no such thing.
You make a string by taking three separate led strings, one red, one green, one blue and twisting them together. Often referred to as a 'super string'.
Where can one get M5 style RGB led's? I'm not familiar with that light.

Back