Looking for ideas on how to attach C9 Pixel Bulbs to House

DamnRock

I'm looking for some advice on how to attach C9 pixel bulbs to the following roof lines (where I've marked each image up with yellow):

On this one... I'm ok with putting a couple screws in. My thought was to get some J-Channel and put 4 screws in (4 corners) and attach C9 bulbs to J-Channel with normal C9 clips. I wouldn't want to leave the holes throughout the year so I'd have to patch/paint but I can't think of anything else. I guess I could put in anchors into the wood? Any other ideas? I was considering also some PVC frame and hang it from hooks in the eave, but I would still have to attach it to the wood face at some point to stop it from moving around. Hiding wires is tough with a PVC frame and aligning the bulbs.

IMG-3695.jpg

On this one, I'm ok with just gluing them to the brick, but I'm trying to minimize my time on the roof. I do have installers that hang my roof line (shingles and gutters) but they don't do the complex stuff and won't use the glue gun to attach to the brick. Either I glue them, or I use j-channel again and put in several anchors so I can put them back up easily next year.

IMG-3694.jpg

What are your thoughts on the j-channel idea? It's not the normal j-channel use case (hiding wires and permanent lights on a house/siding scenario), but it just looks to me like j-channel could work. I'm going to run to Home Depot today to see if I can attach my clips to the j-channel in the way I have in my head.

Appreciate any advice you guys can give!

I think to minimize the appearance of the holes, you can patch and paint them after removing the J-Channel at the end of the season. Another option could be using anchors in the wood, but make sure they are sturdy enough to support the weight of the J-Channel and bulbs. Moreover, for the second roof line, if you prefer to minimize your time on the roof, gluing the C9 bulbs directly to the brick can be a viable option. Use a strong adhesive suitable for outdoor use and ensure it is compatible with both the brick surface and the C9 bulbs. Be cautious with this method as removing the glue from the brick may require some effort and might leave residual marks. geometry dash scratch

Last edited:
Back