Looking for source for small metal cable glands

rstehle

I am looking for a source for 10 pcs of the small metal cable glands like those on the eBay 10w LED fixtures. I want to make my 10w floods with an 'In' and an 'Out', and would like to have the glands match. Anyone?

Attachments

• 689625196_o.jpg
    689625196_o.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 39
I am looking for a source for 10 pcs of the small metal cable glands like those on the eBay 10w LED fixtures. I want to make my 10w floods with an 'In' and an 'Out', and would like to have the glands match. Anyone?

I think you are referring to the watertight strain relief correct? :hmm:

lol I thought "strain relief" too but then I Googled "cable gland". They ARE cable glands. Learn sumthin' new ever' day. :thup:

A cable gland is a device that allows the user to pass a cable, wire or tube into an enclosure while providing strain relief and sealing out dust, dirt and liquids.

May I suggest taking half of the stock gland nuts to make half the same and use the new gland nuts on the other half.

May I suggest taking half of the stock gland nuts to make half the same and use the new gland nuts on the other half.

I have thought about that as an option if I can't find the originals (or real close to it). They have to be available, and dirt cheap since they are used on enclosures that sell for $7.15.

This is what your looking for, have used many over the years and the plastic ones are the cheapest, They may have moved off shore like all the rest, I think I got them at ether Platt or Graybar Electric and I don't know how far reaching these suppliers are in the US and CAN. They have about four levels of discounting and what they call End-Book is the MSRP price and getting 10% off that is the norm with up to 20 and 30%. Light fixtures have the highest markup, I used to get can rough-ins in including trims for about $16-17 each and Home-D would sell the same for $30-45.
http://www.qne.cc/en/product_show.asp?id=10

fittings.JPG

Last edited:
This is what your looking for, have used many over the years and the plastic ones are the cheapest, They may have moved off shore like all the rest, I think I got them at ether Platt or Graybar Electric and I don't know how far reaching these suppliers are in the US and CAN. They have about four levels of discounting and what they call End-Book is the MSRP price and getting 10% off that is the norm with up to 20 and 30%. Light fixtures have the highest markup, I used to get can rough-ins in including trims for about $16-17 each and Home-D would sell the same for $30-45.
http://www.qne.cc/en/product_show.asp?id=10

attachment.php

Don, this Mfg. may indeed have what I am looking for, but I checked Platt & Graybar and didn't see their stuff?

Back