Looking for source - Male 110v AC plugs w fuse

TomL8345

Does anyone have a source for male AC plugs (US) that have a fuse holder? I do not have any old light sets to cut them off, but would like to add this type of protection to my Dirkscheapssr's.

I was thinking about finding something similar to the below link and adapt it to work as close to the board as possible. Alternatively use a standard inline fuse holder available anywhere.
http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Littelfuse/83500000005/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsVdjGoHXLeSwQGkAqOt0lwPUrn6CHlSCA%3d

If actual suppliers of plug/fuse combos come up I would also consider that... However I have 30 male vampire plugs left from last years pre-sale.
It will be interesting to see where this thread goes.

Does anyone have a source for male AC plugs (US) that have a fuse holder? I do not have any old light sets to cut them off, but would like to add this type of protection to my Dirkscheapssr's.
How many do you need? I have lots of them.

I have been looking for these for ages. I'd be interested in finding out where to get some from!

PM if you don't get enough. I should have nearly 20 of them that I can rescue out of the shop garbage. They are yours for the price of shipping.

PM if you don't get enough. I should have nearly 20 of them that I can rescue out of the shop garbage. They are yours for the price of shipping.

Thanks for the offer, but I got enough from Randy. Maybe one of the other posting would want them.

Tom L

Hi, all. I appreciated seeing all of the generosity on this thread... but did anyone have a source for these items. I don't want any handouts... Just a reliable source of male plugs with fuses built in... Any help would be much appreciated. Happy weekend...

Hi, all. I appreciated seeing all of the generosity on this thread... but did anyone have a source for these items. I don't want any handouts... Just a reliable source of male plugs with fuses built in... Any help would be much appreciated. Happy weekend...

There was a group buy for them earlier this year. We couldn't find them anywhere, and someone got them directly from a manufacturer.

Thanks, Samj45... Do you know who the manufacturer is? I'm looking to buy 500. Maybe that could qualify for a solo order? I appreciate your speedy response. Thanks...

Just as a heads up for people needing a few, garage sales and especially moving and estate sales are great to get Christmas lights and therefore fused plugs on them. It seems that Christmas lights are the first to go when moving.

Hi Everybody!

Old thread, I know, but I wanted to share a source for white and green fused 'vampire' sockets:

http://www.actionlighting.com/spt-1...p-cord-plugs-green-pack-12-plugs-100sptplugf/

and

http://www.actionlighting.com/spt-1...p-cord-plugs-white-pack-12-plugs-100sptplugf/

$10 for 12 plugs and spare fuses seems like a decent deal, although the $13 s/h I was quoted for a single order to Northern Virginia seems kind of steep though.
maybe a larger order would make that more palatable on a per-socket basis?

I hope this helps.

Back