Looking LEDTrik boards, is this thread still active

BillW

Supporting Member
I occasionally see some activity on this thread, but I was wondering if this is an active thread. With the advances with the pixel Matrixl I was wondering if this thread was going away. If there are still some die hard LED fans out there, I'm looking for some LEDTrik boards, want to old school for 2015.

Thanks
Bill:cool:

Radiant holidays still has them listed on their site, but you might want to check with them before ordering. But as you said I think most implementing a matrix now are going the rgb pixel route

I have a LEDtriks, and used it because it was all I have. I plan on phasing it out for a RGB matrix. I've had a bad experience with Radiant Holidays, so be careful with them. They only have the display boards, not the controllers that I know of.

And I have had great experience with radiant, you just have to understand who you are doing business with.

But regardless, not 100% sure if some of the new sequencers support led triks either.

I use FPP and it supports the LEDtriks as if it was a pixel matrix, great for transition to a pixel matrix if you want later.

I have a LEDtriks, and used it because it was all I have. I plan on phasing it out for a RGB matrix. I've had a bad experience with Radiant Holidays, so be careful with them. They only have the display boards, not the controllers that I know of.

Any ideas where controller boards can be acquired?

Any ideas where controller boards can be acquired?
Thanks for the input from all. I went to Radiant Holiday's site and emailed them asking if they had the controller boards, will post response when as soon as I get it. Maybe by chance Wayne J might have one or two floating around. Thanks again.
Bill

Edit removed duplicate entries.

Could be an easy grab if someone is selling..... of course, mines been sitting in a closed for 4 years now unused. (1x2 w/ triks-c)

Not trying to discourage. Just giving information.

I would take the time to look into P10 panels. They are only $15.00 shipped. I made a 1ft x 4ft RGB tune-to sign (32x128 pixels) for $200 worth of electronics.

Panels: $120 Shipped
Beagle Bone Black: $40
Octoscoller Cape: $15
5V Power Supply: $25

You need an enclosure. Mine is made of wood with acrylic front.

Attachments

• 20150914_111935.jpg
    20150914_111935.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I second dpitts, Don't waste your time on a ledtriks, go to RGB matrixes with e1.31, no need to deal with rs485.

For future shows - I would simply go to the P10 panels also - so I'd have a Ledtriks (pickup only) for cheap.

Back