LOR on xlights

rbahre

I created a usb controller for my ctb16pc in xlights using the com 6 port which my dingle is hooked to and set the controller id to 2 which is the current or controller number and set the baud rate to 19200. I set the strings to 16. The is a red dot at the bottom of the controller page when I completed the setup. I used a simple sequence and lit only the one strand of lights after identifying the ctp16pc controller and the appropriate string and when I trying to turn on lights it says an error occurred opening port 2(). I tried to run the test and it said the same thing. The light string is set to a single color. I have my rs485 pulged in and it shows as com 6. Any ideas? The green light on the controller is on steady but can not get the strands to turn on.

Attachments

• lorinxlights.JPG
    lorinxlights.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 25
  • port in model.JPG
    port in model.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
No, it is set correctly. I did only define one controller but it is unit 2 in what I am looking to do. Unit one is for one side of the street. Unit two connects to a link to throw the signal across the street and therefore is different. I got a ctb16PC to work using the settings on the floor using the rs485 and three sets of lights on the floor. It works fine. When I connect it back outside though it turned on the green LED in the CTB16PC so will continue to tinker again some today. I know I should be able to use a regular wifi signal to be able to jump the signal across the street using a Falcon F48. if that works I can toss the linkers and just use the CTB16PC for the AC lights there using the DMS coding.

I created a usb controller for my ctb16pc in xlights using the com 6 port which my dingle is hooked to and set the controller id to 2 which is the current or controller number and set the baud rate to 19200. I set the strings to 16. The is a red dot at the bottom of the controller page when I completed the setup. I used a simple sequence and lit only the one strand of lights after identifying the ctp16pc controller and the appropriate string and when I trying to turn on lights it says an error occurred opening port 2(). I tried to run the test and it said the same thing. The light string is set to a single color. I have my rs485 pulged in and it shows as com 6. Any ideas? The green light on the controller is on steady but can not get the strands to turn on.

That error usually means something else has that port open already. so maybe you have a show enabled from Light-O-Rama? But I am actually having a problem connecting my LOR to Xlights also. Using the same hardware as I always use to run LOR and everything works fine with LOR software. No errors or anything, it just doesn't control the lights with XLights.

That error usually means something else has that port open already. so maybe you have a show enabled from Light-O-Rama? But I am actually having a problem connecting my LOR to Xlights also. Using the same hardware as I always use to run LOR and everything works fine with LOR software. No errors or anything, it just doesn't control the lights with XLights.

I got the AC controller of the LOR to work. When I added a CCB to the Com3 as an extra device and set the device to 2 I added the CCB set my channel to 2 and set my unit id to 22. The green light is on steady in the controller but it will not test either strand of lights. I set it up watching the directions given in learn Christmas lighting but nothing comes on but the AC portion. According to the x lights manual, I should be able to set up any number of or controllers on the same USB and they should function. They also do not show up in the layout window to set the correct lights on the correct port.

Back