LOR Question

AFAIK - no it will not. I have the same dongle but use it to drive my non-DMX stuff (LEDTriks, some Renards). RJ's dongle as well as RPM's dongle here on this site are "smart" and have a ucontroller on them to constantly stream out the DMX information. You can "try" installing the dongle and and use the "Enttec Open USB DMX" plug-in but I'm guessing it will not work. RJ/RPM's dongles use the Enttec Pro plug-in but this would definitely not work for the LOR dongle.

I saw your other post - - you may want to post for help at diylightanimation.com and they might be able to resurrect RJ's dongle for you. If not, RPM has a dongle here as well that will work. I used it last year (and this year) to drive my Lynx FreeStyle board.

btw - Welcome to DIYC!

I have made numerous posts on the DIY site. With no suh luck yet. Where is this other dongle you used? How do I get my hands on some? Im in a pinch and need to get a working dongle.

You might be able to use it with the standard Vixen DMX Plug-in along with the Vixen DMX Add-in ... but if I were going in that direction, I'd buy a much cheaper USB to RS485 convertor than LOR's ... You can find them on eBay out of HK for almost one-tenth the price and domestically for less than half.

Best o' luck.

\dmc

I have made numerous posts on the DIY site. With no suh luck yet. Where is this other dongle you used? How do I get my hands on some? Im in a pinch and need to get a working dongle.

PM RPM to see if he has any boards available and/or post a WTB (Want To Buy) for one. Another option is to buy the Enttec Open USB dongle at the Enttec site (~$60 new or perhaps eBay for cheaper/used) and as dmc mentioned use the DMX add-in as well the the Open plug-in. The add-in does the work of the uncontroller on the dongle.

I thought I saw a dongle for sale here recently but might be gone by now.

EDIT - - that's hilarious - - RPM has one of RJ's dongles for sale right now - http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=129637&postcount=1 - your timing could not be better...

Back