Lotta catching up to do...

random_rodder

Well, after being away from blinky-flashy for a few years, it's time to come back.

Been reading up for the last few days on what I've missed regarding the Helix. I've got two v3 boards to build, two RenSS24's and some SSRs to finish and test. Not to mention catching up on new developments in the hobby in general... :hmm:

Wow, you joined 8 years ago~ Congrats!

Probably the single most different area is use of Pixels in displays and props...

I've used the Helix Pixel-Node controller for two years now. Vixen3 Worked great with the export to V2 and then importing using Greg's Helix Network Supervisor. I did have issues trying to use more than one E682 but t hopefully I can work that out. It should be capable of supporting four E682(I think). Pixels are the latest and greatest advancement.

Thanks guys. I've been reading up on the pixels, and I'm very impressed with the possibilities. I like the HDPE arches, and am looking at using that design this year - hopefully with the Helix. Greg currently doesn't have any Helix Ethernode boards, so I may not be able to use them this year. Really need to concentrate on getting what I already have built and tested, then look into E682 - and I think you're correct, blantrip, about the Helix controlling 4 Ethernodes.

I still need to brush up on DMX and the Renard stuff - it's been two years (maybe more) since I've looked into any of this and those brain cells have been over-written. My last display was 2010, sold my Helix V1 and other stuff in 2011. I kept a 595, but, damned if I know what I did with it... :kwasny:

Back