Major Setback

codec101

Well just a few days after getting most everything setup for Halloween, mother nature has graciously insisted tonight that I do it all over again. Just got back from Chicago to find props weighted down with whole cinder-blocks tossed over, my pixels/PVC that has been up for the past two years on the roof peeks and gutters are hanging off the house. Don't know what came through here but it was nasty. Looks like tomorrow I will be assessing the damage and hopefully making repairs :-(

It wasn’t much better here in Chicago! I went downstairs to my workshop last night to build some boards, and found waterfalls coming from my window wells! Way too much rain and nowhere for it to go. And I’m on high ground too. The winds weren’t too bad here though. My display appears to be intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm about 50 miles from Jon. Heavy rain for several hours three different times. Aabout 5" total. We live on one of the highest lots in town and never get any water in our basement. But this time the gutters overflowed and filled the window well and a little ran inside. No big deal really.

Outside I lost 1 DC SSR due to my own stupidity when I placed it. So today I'll be etching and building up a new board for a replacement. Wouldn't you know it, it's the only circuit board that I don't have a maintenance spare for.

I guess I better clean the gutters again as well. I hate cleaning the gutters, oh well.

I'm about 50 miles from Jon. Heavy rain for several hours three different times. Aabout 5" total. We live on one of the highest lots in town and never get any water in our basement. But this time the gutters overflowed and filled the window well and a little ran inside. No big deal really.

Outside I lost 1 DC SSR due to my own stupidity when I placed it. So today I'll be etching and building up a new board for a replacement. Wouldn't you know it, it's the only circuit board that I don't have a maintenance spare for.

I guess I better clean the gutters again as well. I hate cleaning the gutters, oh well.

That’s exactly what happened here too. Gutters overflowed spilling all that water on the patio and filled the window wells. My basement windows are pretty poor. They don’t seal well at all. They’re 40 years old and original to the house. It’s one of those projects I never get around to.
I’ll also be cleaning gutters today. At least mine are easy to do.
As far as damage, I’ve got one ghost laying down. No big deal there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is some of the damage we had. Didn't really notice much tree damage in the area but a neighbor does have some siding missing and a bunch of construction fencing up the street got destroyed. After it was all said and done the only real damage other than the pool, which was getting replaced anyway, was a broken skeleton hand. He and his rocker flew off the porch kinda of like the old lady in the rocker flying around in the tornado in the Wizard of Oz.

Even though we also had record breaking rain fall, no water damage here. All my basement windows are above grade and no window wells I guess we were lucky in that aspect. I did hear about some kids kayaking in a soccer field though haha. We are about 100 miles east and a tad south of Chicago and usually get whatever weather goes through Chicago. Made for a really fun white knuckle drive back late at night let me tell you :-/

22365185_10159437706545228_4478776695461497992_n.jpg22406442_10159437706380228_8285563701118777718_n.jpg22549492_10159439293085228_7496410058222334132_n.jpg

Back