Mega Tree with Falcon F48

steve3d2005

Hi All,

New to the lights and getting ready for my first year. Already purchased 2000 lights, and my current setup is looking like 4000 for now... Most of the setup is pretty easy, but one question I have is related to the mega tree and Xlights.

The tree is currently looking like it will be 16x50 (800 pixels). In xlights, I created a tree model, plugged in the settings for 800 pixels, but for controller connection it only lets me select one port.

I have been trying to keep each port around 600 pixels so that I can still operate at 40fps if I want to. Unfortunately with an 800 pixel tree and no way to separate it in the software I'm at a loss..

I figure there must be a way to do this (2 separate 90 degree trees each with 400 pixels?).

Any help appreciated!

-Steve

I think you just need to tell it (xLights) how many universes your controller will be using. In the controller itself (FPP), you'll setup which/how many pixels are connected to each port.

Ok I think I see in Xlights where to change it. Up until now Xlights has just handled all the channels for me. I just pick the controller and the port and whether its the start of the line or follows another prop. Guess since im spanning multiple ports I need to tell it the actual channels.

Oh, ok. You should still be able to do it that way too. I think that's what checking the "Auto Layout Models" does under the controller setup.

Awesome thanks for the pictures. Helps to have a reference.

Now I just have to start picking up the parts for the mega tree. Fun! :)

Back