Member payments

pmiller

I understand membership is for one year. I'm sure I've been here a year but never got notice to renew so I went and sent in my contribution.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I apparently missed mine as well. I just noticed mine doesn't say supporting member anymore. Going to fix that shortly.

Odd. I had received an email a couple days ago with the subject "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice". It was a friendly reminder to renew my membership that would expire on the 22nd. Renewed!

The system is supposed to send out a notification. Sometimes the system sends out an enormous amount of email notifications per hour. When this happens some emails are dropped. Sometimes it is an activation email, sometimes it is a post notice or other notification. In this case it seems the Supporting Membership expiration notice was in the batch that was dropped.

The system is supposed to send out a notification. Sometimes the system sends out an enormous amount of email notifications per hour. When this happens some emails are dropped. Sometimes it is an activation email, sometimes it is a post notice or other notification. In this case it seems the Supporting Membership expiration notice was in the batch that was dropped.
I don't remember when I joined but I'm pretty sure I exceeded one year. In any case I paid up like a good little boy. Best money I ever spent and that includes getting married.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

@Macrosill Can you perhaps consider adding a 5-year subscription?

It's more of a nuisance renewing such a small amount every year.

paid subscription page said:
Validity periods marked with a * indicate that this subscription is recurring.

After the initial subscription period is complete, the subscription will automatically be renewed with a new charge.

or just put this option back in? or was it ever an option? Regardless, when you go to the paid subscription page it tells you when yours expires

I joined as a birthday present to myself as I'm turning another year older I hope I don't forget to reup. This site is so awesome I learn something new everyday. Thanks to everyone for all your help.

There is no option for recurring payments. I have decided against it from the beginning. People change their interest and hobbies often. I do not want to have to deal with someone being billed automatically a year after they have moved on to another hobby. I have been on the other end and sometimes that payment messes up you entire monthly budget.

As for the 5 year membership, it goes to the same thing as above, people's interests change often. I appreciate people willing to do that but if you feel so inclined you could make multiple purchases to extend the one year membership. If anyone does do this then let me know and I will confirm it functions as anticipated.

There is no option for recurring payments. I have decided against it from the beginning. People change their interest and hobbies often. I do not want to have to deal with someone being billed automatically a year after they have moved on to another hobby. I have been on the other end and sometimes that payment messes up you entire monthly budget.

As for the 5 year membership, it goes to the same thing as above, people's interests change often. I appreciate people willing to do that but if you feel so inclined you could make multiple purchases to extend the one year membership. If anyone does do this then let me know and I will confirm it functions as anticipated.

I have previously bought multiple times in a row too, works fine and keeps extending the date.

Back