Mini tree now have new life

lightsonmontague

Started with some ac trees
0f0c1e957697ee32a4f1d7aae87dfd10.jpg
. Then I removed the ac lights added 100 2811 pixels and this it the result. https://vimeo.com/168136909i think the end result it pretty meet I should be able to pull off some cool effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only I could find a bunch (as in 10 - 12 or more) of those spiral trees. Really like the look in certain settings.

Yours just proves what I have believed all along. They look great!

Looks great. I added a pair last year and got so many compliments on them. I picked up 4 more after Christmas and have half of them converted to pixels. It's a little tedious work zip tying all the pixels to the frame, but well worth the result.

Thanks. I looks cool in xlights so I figured I'd try it. I have 7 more to go. Thinking I'll put all the stars on top in there own group and see what effects can be done. Only 5 pix in each star but worth a shot.

I have a few AC trees like this as well and have seen a few other swap them to pixels I really like that way they look. Probably won't convert mine to pixels until next year since this is my first year with pixels. Have been looking for way to make my own without purchasing some to re-purpose but haven't really come up with a good plan yet though.

Yea I didn't think I was going to this year but I just got a f4v2 (as a spare) controller. And now with these trees I'm going to need another spare controller. [emoji51]

These look great! I have used the same AC trees on my display since 2008. Five are 4 feet tall and five are 6 feet tall. I mostly use them for the melody. I guess the obvious question is how many pixels did you use and for what size of a tree?
An issue I am having is the poles are splitting on the ends. I would like to swedge some 1/2" emt for the star to fit into and make them as long as I want. Any ideas there?

My trees are 4ft and 3 ft. I used 100 for the 4 ft and should be around 70 for the 3 ft (not done yet) ... I'd try the emt and see how it works.

Mine are 6' and 4' tall and I used 141 pixels on the 6' tree and 82 on the 4' tree. The hardest part for me was making multiple trees have the same number of pixels. Even though it's not necessary, I just like having the precision. Like lightsonmontague I also sequenced the star as it's own element and really like how it could work with or contrast the main tree.

Mine are 6' and 4' tall and I used 141 pixels on the 6' tree and 82 on the 4' tree. The hardest part for me was making multiple trees have the same number of pixels. Even though it's not necessary, I just like having the precision. Like lightsonmontague I also sequenced the star as it's own element and really like how it could work with or contrast the main tree.

How did you lay them out.? I'm thinking a matrix should work.

Heres an idea, use clear vinyl tubing/pex with a big enough diameter to pull pixels through. This would give a similar effect.

How did you lay them out.? I'm thinking a matrix should work.

My stars have 6 pixels. I use a square node in the center and then 5 bullets on each tip of the star. I actually didn't do any special layout on them last year. I only decided to do them at all until a week into December. Home Depot had a good price on them and I just added them to my display midmonth. This year I will probably do more with the layout, especially since I'll have 6 trees total.

Back