Mortar Racks

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the tips Tony. I am also unsure how i will use the ground plane, and maybe p won't, but its a thought.

Now, I've seen plans on hot to make a heating element for a vacuum forming maching using nichrom wire and using 110V AC to heat the coils.

What would happen if you used 110V AC to ignite these small pieces of nichrom wire?

Now, I've seen plans on hot to make a heating element for a vacuum forming maching using nichrom wire and using 110V AC to heat the coils.

What would happen if you used 110V AC to ignite these small pieces of nichrom wire?

My guess would be that it quickly burn through the wire and not ignite the fuse. More importantly 110V AC is alot more dangerous than 12V DC.

Yes, I agree with you, it is ALOT more dangerous. I was just thinking of possibly using my Blinky Flashy equipment to do a little show choreographed to music (without the need of building a bunch of DC relays).

Would one of you guys be willing to try AC voltage out to see if it would ignite the fuse?

got my wire in today, man that is some HOT stuff. hooked it up to a battery and BAM it was red hot.

Tony, If you dont mind, can you PM or email me at j.cook.102$gmaildotcom a list of your tube angles. I am in the process of designing/building my setup and want an idea of where to start. I have several pictures etc, but no angles. I have done small tube setups before, and just eyballed it to what i thought looked good, but would like a tried and true #. Any information is appreciated.
Thanks

Sorry Brian.

Having shot off several large shows (as a pyrotechnics expert) and seeing the equipment and software used to choreograph the shows, I couldn't help but think about it. I understand your concern with planting ideas into young impressionable minds. I will try to refrain from talking about my other hobby here. Thanks for letting me know your stance on this issue.

No. The thread I linked to and posted in specifically states no pyrotechnic discussions. The reasons are listed there.

got my wire in today, man that is some HOT stuff. hooked it up to a battery and BAM it was red hot.

Tony, If you dont mind, can you PM or email me at j.cook.102$gmaildotcom a list of your tube angles. I am in the process of designing/building my setup and want an idea of where to start. I have several pictures etc, but no angles. I have done small tube setups before, and just eyballed it to what i thought looked good, but would like a tried and true #. Any information is appreciated.
Thanks

Josh,

I will email you some links on what I used to build my racks with. It will also give you some informatio on the types of tubes to be used (no PVC!!!!!).

Tony

Josh,

I will email you some links on what I used to build my racks with. It will also give you some informatio on the types of tubes to be used (no PVC!!!!!).

Tony

Alright we can post about this. This is safety. NEVER use PVC. Fiberglass or HPDE (I always mess that up) are the 2 best to use or the single use cardboard ones. PVC will shatter and a gient piece of PVC does not feel good.

Ben

Alright we can post about this....
Ben

Ben,
No you can't! You, along with everyone else have been told time and time again to drop the subject. You're beginning to test my patience!

The discussion about Pyrotechnics ends now. EVERY aspect of it regardless of what it is! Period.

Jeff

Obivously, this must be directly pointed out.......

To quote our Administrator

This is not the place to discuss pyrotechnics of any sort. Here in NY "fireworks" are illegal unless possessed by a licensed pyrotechnics expert. The hardware we use and design here is not intended to control anything other than lights at this time. Any future discussions about the use/control/handling of pyrotechnics will be deleted and the poster will be subject to deletion.

All,

I was the person who started posting about Mortar Racks last year. I did not realize that pyrotechnics were illegal in the the state of New York as they are perfectly legal where I live during July 3rd and 4th. I will no longer post anything that I do during this Holiday. Also just for the record our hardware can be used to syncronize a show.

If anybody wants any information on what and how i do this stuff please email me at eberletj at cox dot net.

Sorry,

Tony Eberle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back