Moving Vixen Sequences to a Show Computer

joej85

I created a simple sequence on a test computer and then I tried to move it to my show computer.

I copied the entire Vixen 3 directory from under my documents to the show computer, but the sequence was blank when I loaded it.

I then duplictated the channels/patches/outputs exactly like they were on the test computer. Again, nothing showed up.

I then just created the sequence all over again....luckily it was simple.

Can Vixen 3 seqences be moved from computer to computer? If so, what is the trick?

Thanks.

i used dropbox from day one to sync across computers. it worked just fine. just copy the entire vixen 3 folder to my documents on the show computer but make sure your user names are the same vixen will throw a hissy fit if you try to open something that was in c:\users\bob\ if it is now in c:\users\lightshow\

I use Google Drive to keep all my Vixen stuff. It just sits in a folder that I can access from my show computer, work computer or laptop. I periodically save a copy of it locally to protect against fits of stupidity.

Yep, check that other thread for my reply. It's not great at the moment, and will be fixed -- however there are some workarounds for the time being.

Back