Music Player (background)

Wayne J

Super Moderator
Staff member
I plan on using the background music player this year, but I have noticed that the player radomly cuts off the end of the songs (anywhere from 10 seconds to 30 seconds or more sometimes.) and starts the next one. It does this on two different PC's. The 'bug' is random, it doesn't do it every song. I cannot make it happen, just purely random, sometimes two or three songs in a row. Other than that, it works great. ;)

Oh, this is version 2.09

Wayne did you check the background items tab? there is a fade setting there. But if its random, i dont know.

Wayne did you check the background items tab? there is a fade setting there. But if its random, i dont know.

Yes, there is a fade setting, but it controls the fade between a Vixen action and the music player.

how do you use this feature? It would work great to broadcast music all day. Let me know how it works.
Thanks

Do the following in Vixen:

TO ADD MUSIC:
- Click on "Tools"
- Click on "Music Player"
- Click on "Add" and add all songs that you want to play.
Multiple songs can be highlighted and added at once.

You can select to shuffle the playback or add a narrative
- Select the narrative file and select how often it should be played.

TURN ON BACKGROUND MUSIC:
- Click on "Tools"
- Click on "Preferences"
- Click on "Background Items"
- Click the check box for "Enable Background Music"
- If a fade is desired, click the check box for that and determine the desired time.

I am running 2.09 and last night had trouble with the all day radio play overlapping while the scheduled program began. Both audio track were playing together. I had to shut off the background music function and reset timers to get it to run correctly.

It has now, thanks for the reminder.

** UPDATE **

I could not reproduce the situation I had on night #1 on night #2. I rebooted during day #2 and the issue did not re-occur. Today is day #3 and I am not rebooting but I am playing background music all day. We will see how it goes tonight.

Last edited:
Question. Can you play background music and a background sequence at the same time? When I execute the background script the background music stops. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?
UPDATE
[ It works as long as the background sequence fires automatically. If you fire the script from the script editor it turns off the music. But at the appointed time both background music and sequencing worked]

Jeff

Last edited:
Back