New computer LED Triks and Launcher working weird.

mikeh65

Supporting Member
I used an LED Triks last year and did not have too many problems. I am now trying to get it setup on a new computer. I have the txt file setup in the launcher. I am using Vixen 2.5.0.7. When Vixen starts a song, is should start the led triks program. It starts but then continues to try to open it over and over and over. Causing errors because the com port is in use. When the led triks program completes it repeats as long as the song is running not the one time that was requested. Also, the computer slows down because there are so many processes attempting to run. Any ideas? I hope the problem description makes sense. I can attach a video if needed. Your help is appreciated.

Mike

Last edited:
no no no - - shenanigans! You know the rules here... The issue was?

+1 ...

Also, I'm not even clear what the problem *was* ... I'm assuming:

*You use LTC.

*You have .bat files

*You had developed a way for V2 to trigger said .bat files at specific times in a song/show.

\dmc

I was stupid. When I set up the Launcher I had it set it to 1 to 352 channels I am using this year. Instead of 352 to 352 channel which was the LED Trigger. So basically every time I hit 100% one any channel the launcher tried to run the batch file. System overload!!

Update, Question. The Marquee is not running smoothly. It seems to play for a bit then pauses, continues to play, and so on. My first thought was the serial port settings. I have tried to change them all. No differences. It is currently set to 57600, 8, 1, none. I have also tried switching off of the serial port and tried a USB to serial converter. The same results. I'm not thinking it's the network cable because the sign is getting everything it's being sent. Just slow/laggy. I have also unplugged the wireless network to the computer to see if that makes a difference. It has not. Any suggestions? Not sure what to try next.

Back