Votes: 3 14.3%
  • STAMPEDE 128

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UPSCALE 128

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gmbartlett

I’ve had several suggestions for a new name for my Prop 128 v2 Light Controller. I’m going to let the community vote on the new name. The suggestions are:

1) Helix 128. Means propeller in Catalan (a Romance language, the national and official language of Andorra). It pays homage to the Propeller chip and is very unique

2) D’Lux 128. A play on Deluxe and Lux, the unit of illuminance

3) Beemer 128. A play on my description of the controller as the BMW of controllers

4) SPARC. Self-contained Parallax Advanced Refined Controller

5) STAMPEDE. Stand-alone Advanced Modular Parallax Event Dimmable Executer

6) UPSCALE. Unlimited Potential Self Contained Advanced Lighting Electronics

I will leave this poll open until Sunday, 2 Nov 2008. I will make the final decision that night.

In all honesty, with the amount of work you've put into this controller the name is clear... you should call it the BARTLETT.

While this will be fun, I think you should choose one you like best.

Out of curiosity, how deep did you dig to uncover the Andorran connection?

Derek,

Thank you for the compliment but I'm just not that comfortable calling it the Bartlett. I did consider calling it the GMB 128. Then I had these other names suggested and I actually like them better.

Bob,

I have my favorites but I thought I'd see what everyone else thinks. I do reserve the right to make the final decision.

WJohn came up with Helix 128. I'm not sure how he found it.

Even though I came up with UPSCALE, it was just an attempt to come up with a clever acronym. I actually like some of the other choices better. I like Beemer 128 given the fact that not only was it described as being the "BMW of controllers," but it also has the XBee.

Well the poll results are in and the community has spoken. I want to thank everyone that submitted suggested names and those that voted. I was torn between Helix, D'Lux and Beemer. I really liked them all equally. Since the Helix 128 received the most votes I chose that name. Since it has the potential to control an unlimited number of channels I agree with Macrosill that the 128 should be dropped.

So from now on the Prop 128 v2 Light Controller will be known as the Helix Light Controller or just the Helix.

I want to extend a special thanks to WJohn for suggesting Helix.

Back