New to this need help.

Jsw2488

So I’m new to this. I was told to start with vixen software. I do not have any of the RGB lights. I have a lot of just straight color LED lights you buy from the store. I would like to program them into Vixen somehow but I’m not sure how. Eventually I will do the music with all my lights over a radio station. But I’m sure I’m tooo late for that this year. I also have slot of yard decorations that are LED. I have been using a MR CHRISTMAS for a while. I got my hand on a renard SS 24 Channel. Hope this site can put me in the right direction. Thanks

If in the future you decide to use color you might want to consider getting a color controller like a Sandevices 6804. They are $69 for the kit and can be easily set up to be used to run the SS24. Then at a later date, 3 of the 4 outputs on the controller can be used for pixels. Just something to keep in mind.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

That’s one thing I’m Not u derstanding is how to set the colors, and I’m using LED lights I have had from Lowe’s Home Depot ext. I don’t have the money at this time for the RGB pixel lights. So I’m trying to do a show with what I have and I’m getting confused. I also can’t find any videos or info on how to set it up with those lights... I have a lot of led decorations I had bought from the store all LED of course and I don’t want all that a waste. As far as the version of vixon it’s what ever version that inasaw on their website ��*♂️

On the display setup page (aka patching page) on the left side, select your light string element. Lower in that same column is a little gear. Click it. Up pops the color filter configuration page. Choose your color. Prime colors are best since they are easy to program into your sequence. Repeat for your other strings. FYI: I use white for all of my single strings. It makes it simpler to remember the color to use in effects. However, it does take some imagination to see what they will look like in the show.

Did you get things straightened out last year? Giving it a try again this year?

I was in the same boat. Did my first 8-channel last year and went through all the Vixen trial and errors. Jumped up to 48 channels when December roller around. I think I got a decent handle on it, but still have a bit to learn. Adding pieces after Thanksgiving was a pain, but I liked the way it looked in the end.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like he’s using normal plug in lights. If that’s the case a Renard board is basically all he needs to turn them on and off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back