Newbie from Germany with a non-american front-yard (bush-problem)

havenonick

Hi everyone and greetings from Germany, where this hobby is rare and unusual. Therefore there are barely stores to buy stuff from or people to talk to. So thanks for this forum here.

I own an apartment house where I live in myself, which is the playfield for my very first christmas light display (Xlights Draft attached). Software is set up, controllers are ready and hardware is trying to get through customs.

Now here's the problem: My front yard is full of bushes and I would like to integrate them in the display. But how do I arrange the pixels on the bushes? Buying nets down't seem to be an option as I don't get them delivered on time and it will be very expensive for my first display as the bushes measure about 7m x 4m (21ft x 12 ft).

I thought of just laying the pixel bullets simply in a zig-zag on each of the 5 bushes and try to kind of rebuild the model in XLights afterwards. I planned a total of 1.500 pixels for that part.

Any other suggestions? I am concerned about the viewing angle and the pixels pointing in different directions as they just lie on the branches. Will it still look nice? Is my approach doable? Would you zig-zag each bush or the whole front-yard as one big matrix and split in in to segments in XLights afterwards?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Bild 08.11.22 um 13.30.jpg
    Bild 08.11.22 um 13.30.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1
Back