Papagayo to Vixen Plug-in

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback...

+1 on the video :biggrin2: sounds sweet.

thank you for this- just ran my first singing pumpkin- had 20-ish papagayo chunks mapped out and dumped them into vixen 1-by-1 with very little fuss over timing, and am very pleased with the end result. 7 1/2 minute symphony orchestra version of Enter Sandman by Metallica looking great.

btw, I got the multi-voice aspect working. Thanks for the plugin!

I minor feature you might add is when you input the time to insert the papa section in, instead of a series of drop downs, how about a text box where we can just enter the time as MM:SS.sss and let the addin determine which event to insert it? As it is I have to use a spread sheet to determine which event to insert. If someone is using a event period that doesn't divide out cleanly, math is involved. (Math is hard! -- Barbie)

And the videos of your singing pumpkin can be found where????

LOL...
Lightman

well, I have several on my phone.... lol

what is a good, easy to use screencap vid program to use? i have used fraps in the past, don't think it would do so well, would be glad to vidcap the whole vix sequence and post it on youtube, I could easily attach the .vix file here, but dunno exactly what is involved re: NOT hosting copyrighted music, and my channel layout would probably not match yours, you may not have exact same audio track to match, etc., etc., I would gladly share, just tell me how you would like to see it......

When I shoot a video on my phone I typically just upload it to YouTube then post the link on DIYC forum. I keep the videos to under 10 minutes.

You are right, posting Vixen files doesn't really help. Just want to see the end product.

My 2 cents..
Lightman

well, not to hijack this thread any more than I already have, but YOU asked for it, YOU got it.

piss-poor video and sound, but this gets the point across.

Still working on hardware, hopefully this will all come together before 10/31

Just tried to load this om my new show laptop (windows 8) and get the attached error as soon as I try to map to the Papagayo file.

Papagayo import error.JPG

Any help would be appreciated.

Kev :)

I have identified an issue where the plugin will crash when a phrase contains a word that has no associated phoneme data. This can be caused by one of a few factors, most likely cause being an "illegal" character in the word.

I have made the necessary corrections to the plugin and attached v1.3 to the first message on this thread.

Ed

Just a quick thank you Ed.

Ed got back to me very quickly and had a solution in no time. I'm sure there are a lot of guys like me that need help now and again, we really do appreciate the time and effort that others give, you are very generous people.

Kev :)

Sort of related - HLS has a Papagayo-like interface for doing faces as well built in to it - you may want to give that a look anyway. It's quite a bit easier than using Papagayo for sure... If you already have the Papagayo portion done then it's a wash.

Excellent work. Much easier than the other plug-in. A suggestion though is to somehow remember the voice channels. Maybe tied to a profile, or a parallel profile to the enumerated list.

Just wanted to pop in and reiterate my thanks for this. Added 3 more voices this year, and besides a small flub during one sequence import where I didn't define the correct channels to the phenomes, all has been great.

Thanks Torque! I saw your work on another post, awesome job!

mwestling,
I have not been on the forums very much this year due to an extremely demanding work schedule. I have an idea of how to make saving the voice channels a little bit easier, but have not pursued it as it will require a significant restructuring of some parts of the plugin and I haven't had enough time to rewrite it.

I have it on the "todo" list, but am only performing bug fixes at this time.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm guessing this is pretty much dead but I figure I'll ask anyway.

I'm doing an 8 channel pumpkin face ( more like 5 channel, the first three are for the eyes and body) homemade with an arduino relaying butchered extension cords.

I'm working on a sequence in papgayo at 24FPS, and have prepared my sequence at the 25ms that is said to work in the first post. However, when I convert the papagayo data to vixen, the timing is off. Horribly off, sings even when there is no vocal and misses entire phrases. I don't think it's off by a few seconds or anything(I tried adding in a few delays), but it certainly does not line up with anything I did in papagayo.

Have I done something wrong or just missed some information in these old posts? Using Vixen 2.1.1.0, latest Papagayo, and latest addin.

Back