Pause not reflecting changes

phenagan

Noticed that if I pause a sequence and make changes to it, resuming with the Start at Selection or the Play buttons plays the sequence as if no changes were made. I have to hit the Stop, then Play, Then either Pause or Stop before either the Start at Selection or the Play reflect the changes. This is independant of whether or not I've saved the sequence. I'm running the latest update of Version 2. I have tried a reinstall and still see the issue.

Anyone else see this one?

This is a known issue. I believe that KC said that it would be difficult to fix this. Changing a buffer while paused in the middle of it and expecting it to play correctly is different the just reloading from the beginning.

Stopping and restarting from the same point in the middle does work though.

It sounds like, from what Ernie said, that you can play the sequence and "stop" it anywhere in the sequence. Then edit the events. Then you can choose to "play" or "play from here" and the changes will take effect. Instead of having to play from the beginning each time.

Does that sound correct Ernie?

Using the button right next to the play button (or F6) you can play from the beginning of the currently selected cell to the end of the song or select a range of cells and only play that portion.

There was a suggestion to make the range semi permanent so that Vixen would remember a previous selection even if you moved to a different cell while editing. I don’t see that this has been implemented, though wish it was.

Brian - that's not what's happening. If I use either stop or pause and make changes, then I need to do play, then stop before the play from selection to reflect the changes. If I just do a stop, then make changes, then play from selection, the changes aren't reflected in the output.

Back