PCB etching

Meat Sauce

I want to etch my own ssr boards from seans design. Transfering from photo paper to board seems pretty straight forward. My only concern is running inkjet photopaper through the laser jet printer. Does'nt this make a gooey mess of the paper when it passes through the laser jet heating cycle? Will the heat needed to bond the powder to the paper melt the photo paper? I'm willing to give it a go but my wife is afraid that I will ruin the printer.

I've used the Staples paper in an HP LaserJet 6L, HP 9050, and one other HP printer without a problem.

No problems here either. I have brand new Dell Laser that I picked up for transfers. No issues.
The Staples brand is the best paper to use.

I use a coated paper, not necessarily photo paper. You need something that the toner won't fuse into. We have a graphic arts shop in my school, so I get paper from them.

tom

what is this photo paper method? I have an Hp Photosmart Inkjet will that work with this method. I have loads of 8.5x11 photo paper.

Ben

ben said:
what is this photo paper method? I have an Hp Photosmart Inkjet will that work with this method. I have loads of 8.5x11 photo paper.

Ben

Inkjets wont do. It has to be a laser or a copier. The photo paper is touchy also. Best results have been with the Staples Photo Basic Gloss, item# 471861.
Other papers have been tried, but this paper has shown to be the best for the purpose.

Back