Pixel SSR

dirknerkle

Supporting Member
I needed a way to control conventional, dumb RGB via the pixel data line, so I merged a WS2811 chip with a DirkCheap817 SSR and got this:

pixel_ssr.png

These will go into a little 2019 fun display for "Deck the Halls" -- one PixelSSR per syllable... so the whole display will use only 27 channels instead of about 600

falalalala.png

They wirk guuuuud....

https://vimeo.com/310450120

Last edited:
I am already imagining the applications that I can use this. And it still fits in a 1" PVC.

Yes, they will (25mm x 84.4mm). And you can run them at 5vdc-24vdc, depending on the voltage needs of the RGB device, handling up to about 2A/channel; more if you double-up on the transistor outputs.

I needed that in last years show.

Converted 10 Dumb Coro Stars to pixels, 5 pixels per star, it worked but not the way I wanted, could not configure the software to group the 5 pixels as one dumb prop correctly. They did work fine as pixels.

I needed that in last years show.

Converted 10 Dumb Coro Stars to pixels, 5 pixels per star, it worked but not the way I wanted, could not configure the software to group the 5 pixels as one dumb prop correctly. They did work fine as pixels.

Sorry for being a year late.... I put the Gerbers and DipTrace design files in the DIGWDF Store for downloading if you decide to remake them... They work great.

Back