Pixels disappearing when sequencing

toodle_pipsky

Now I'm not sure if this is something I'm causing or what.

I've nearly finished my first sequence/song. I've noticed that big chunks of my sequence are disappearing/being given a 0 value. At first I thought I'd just accidently included the wrong channels when selecting a section, but it's too many channels disappearing to put down to this. For example I selected about 10 seconds of channels 1-64 to make random. Then that same 10 second section of the channels under it (4 of them had stuff going on, ramp up I think) were wiped. I was able to cut and paste from another section. Tried again and saw them disappear and they weren't included in the highlighted section. I closed the sequence, opened it again and it was fine for a while and then started doing it again. This time the channels were disappearing when I moved my mouse over them after highlighting a section, adding something like random or sparkle.

The only thing I can think of is that since I started this I've changed the channel output order and the visual order to match, and that was done in a profile that this sequence (plus others) is attached to.

Anyone else notice this? Or is it something I've done?

Open up your profile with Wordpad and look for a line that reads:

" </ChannelObjects>
<Outputs>0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25, (etc)</Outputs>
<PlugInData>"

Make sure your outputs are listed in the natural order.

I noticed a problem with my channels once I observed sequence execution and sweated bullets until I found I could fix it by editing the profile. Don't know if it's your problem, but it's worth looking at.

Checking it now and they're all over the place. I've changed them to the proper order and it doesn't seem to have effected anything negatively - so I'll check all the other sequences I've started too. I'll keep an eye out as I keep sequencing to see if the problem pops up again.

Thanks for the tip rlilly, hopefully that's done the trick.

Now I can undo my boo-boo and make a real post!

That didn't fix it - just started a brand new sequence with that profile. Used waveform on 4 channels, highlighted another block of channels for 20 seconds to make random and it deleted the same 20 second section from the waveform section.

Something's up, but I think the best thing will be to start again with a brand new profile, and just copy and paste what I've done from the sequences. No use wasting time fixing something I probably caused. If it happens on the new profile I'll know something's up.

Last edited:
Back