Possible wierd bug in Vixen... not sure if it's version specific or not...

random_rodder

Using Vixen 2.0.3 I have run into a strange (possible) bug that I have not seen anybody else mention. It seems that on two of my sequences, upon completion, go back to about the two minute mark and continue playing the sequence, without music. This will keep up until I stop it. The two in question are modified versions of part of last years display (Deck the Halls and Hallelujah).

I have two new sequences that I created this year that do not seem to exhibit this trait, yet anyway. To make matters worse, they do not appear to do this on my PC here at work, only on the display computer. Both machines are running XP w/all recent updates and the same Vixen files. Both machines are very capable machines also, so running Vixen should not be a problem.

This morning, I allowed the update to version 2.0.9 to see if that will make a difference. Any other suggestions of what to look for?

Just a thought check to ensure you do not have the loop the sequence box checked in Vixen on those sequences. I had the same problem and it baffled me until I saw the box checked Its near the channel count if I remember correctly.

Leon: thanks, I had started reading that thread and noticed it seemed to be more the Renard users with the problems. Guess in my haste to get some feedback I forgot to mention I'm still using only Olsen 595's. My Ren-C's are not built yet... :(

Bad part is, I haven't had time to test it since I made the post. I had Christmas parties to go to Friday and Saturday (little paranoid about letting the show run when not at home) and yesterday it rained... go figure.

Just spent two hours working on this. Now ALL songs are doing this; when they get to the end of the sequence, the goes back to right around the two minute mark and continues from that point. If it happens after and individual sequence, there is no audio.

If it happens during a program, the next song starts and it attempts to flash the lights to BOTH sequences. All the while, the original song is still shown in the 'now playing' window.

Anyone else having this or a similar issue? This is Vixen 2.0.9 on WinXP on an Athlon 64 X2 3800 with 2 GB ram. I had no problems with this last year, but, I wasn't using 2 595's last year. My cable to the controller is 6', and between controllers is about a foot. The sequence appears to run smooth except for these issues. I have not had a single successful night this season...

I had no problems with this last year, but, I wasn't using 2 595's last year. My cable to the controller is 6', and between controllers is about a foot.

Controller should'nt matter. Do you have the same behavior when you run the sequence without running the show? Just the computer and adjustable preview?

Controller should'nt matter. Do you have the same behavior when you run the sequence without running the show? Just the computer and adjustable preview?

Yes. And AP is turned off while running the show. I also tried detaching the song from their profile and still had he same problem. I have NOT tried the new files KC put out. May try those tonight...

I'll play with it at work..

Yes. And AP is turned off while running the show. I also tried detaching the song from their profile and still had he same problem. I have NOT tried the new files KC put out. May try those tonight...

I'll play with it at work..

I'm sorry to hear. It sounds like somehow your sequences are corrupt.

Curious,... what happens if you click on the cell in the upper left corner, scroll all the way to the bottom right and hold down shift while clicking the bottom right cell. Then hit Control C to copy the entire sequence to the scratchpad.

Once you've done this, create a new sequence with vixen, standard and select the appropriate audio file. Tell Vixen to create it. Once the new, empty sequence is open, click on the upper left cell and then hit Control V to paste the entire sequence worth of cells. Save as (give a new file name)

Play it, do you get the same results?

Leon

Well, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't done it myself. I swapped PC's. Actually, I have two Identical computers and just swapped the HDD. Copied the Vixen files from my USB drive and everything works as it should. Guess it's time for a format and reinstall...

Back