Power Supply Question

AJVenti

Plese Help

I did use the led calculator online, and it looks like I need 12v 37.74a 452.88w. If I did it right.

I am not sure if this will work.

I have an encloser with a Renard 4 output controller with a 12v 30a 360w power supply. right now, it is running (3) 170 pixels with power injection singing faces. All ran well last season. This year I want to add a fourth (170 pixels) singing face. I do not think the power supply I have will run all 4 faces. I was thing of getting a 12v 50a 600w power supply that I saw on Amazon to replace the 30a power supply. I would have just added another 30a power supply, but I do not have the room in my encloser. Has anyone used these 50a power supplies?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Can't give you calculated numbers, but we run a lot more than 3 faces (at 170 bulbs each) on each power supply.

1st question would be......at what brightness are you running your pixels?
As Algerdes said above you can get away with a lot more if you turn brightness down.

Just checked. 21 Boscoyo singing chromabulbs (143 nodes per chromabulb), all running from one HP 750 Watt PS. Default port brightness for the controller is 30%. That is 3,003 nodes total.
With singing faces remember that rarely do you have all the nodes lit at the same time. This stretches the power supply quite a bit.

Back