preview freese up

wolfcowboy

Hey Joe, ?I am haveing problems loading a pic in preview cause it keeps freezing up on me and locking me out of my computer, and I was wondering if it was something that i am doing wrong or do you have ayway i ca fix it?

When you say you're having problems loading a pic in preview, do you mean in the PP editor or when previewing your sequence? Is your pic a bitmap? HLS PP editor requires pictures to be in bitmap (bmp) format. The more information you can provide, the better.

loading the pic in the PP editor, it cause HSL to freeze up and not let me do anything, yes the pic is a bitmap, but everytime i load the bitmap ad go to resize it, it cause HSL to freeze up and not let me do aything at all

So --- HLS does not like your Bitmap --- may very well be outside of design criteria.

Please state the size of your PP and the size of your bitmap.

Joe

That size mean nothing.

Look at the file properties and it will tell you the X-Y resolution.

I suspect your Bitmap is way too BIG for your Preview.

Joe

You need to reduce the size of your picture. 3264 x 2448 is far too big unless you have one massive pp (Matrix, Megatree, etc). The resolution needs to be the same size (or similar size) as the pp you are adding it to. For instance, I have a matrix that is 20 x 75 (or 75 x 20) so that is the size I make my pictures.

I make my Preview Window 800x600 --- so THAT is the size of my bitmap --- house background bitmap that is.

Joe

Back