Preview window sizing.

I am surmising the reason for undocking it is to try and get more real estate to set up the preview without using the zoom or the scroll. You can gain the toolbar space and the element list width by undocking it.

I am surmising the reason for undocking it is to try and get more real estate to set up the preview without using the zoom or the scroll. You can gain the toolbar space and the element list width by undocking it.
That is correct. When the preview window is in the main window, meaning the way it's setup when first opening Vixen, it's small. Making elements is tougher because they also have to be small and depending on the background size you end up scrolling to view the elements. Having that window undocked to another monitor makes it much larger and easier to add element especially with a large layout mine. I don't know if anyone noticed but if you need to scroll in the preview window then all the elements won't show on the main preview screen when sequencing and playing back. However, there is a work around for that. Used the slider in preview setup to view under 100% until you can see all elements. Exit then update the preview. Then, when you sequence you'll be able to see all elements without scrolling. Unfortunately this only works one time. When Vixen is closed and reopened it goes back to 100%. Tomorrow I'll make a video showing what I'm talking about.
Having 2 monitors and undocking the preview setup screen definitely makes life easier. But, that setting doesn't save so each time one opens preview setup that preview needs to be undocked and moved to 2nd monitor.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

That is correct. When the preview window is in the main window, meaning the way it's setup when first opening Vixen, it's small. Making elements is tougher because they also have to be small and depending on the background size you end up scrolling to view the elements. Having that window undocked to another monitor makes it much larger and easier to add element especially with a large layout mine. I don't know if anyone noticed but if you need to scroll in the preview window then all the elements won't show on the main preview screen when sequencing and playing back. However, there is a work around for that. Used the slider in preview setup to view under 100% until you can see all elements. Exit then update the preview. Then, when you sequence you'll be able to see all elements without scrolling. Unfortunately this only works one time. When Vixen is closed and reopened it goes back to 100%. Tomorrow I'll make a video showing what I'm talking about.
Having 2 monitors and undocking the preview setup screen definitely makes life easier. But, that setting doesn't save so each time one opens preview setup that preview needs to be undocked and moved to 2nd monitor.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

The new preview has zoom and pan which should help with that. The old preview has basic zooming now as well, but it is not as nice as the new one. The glitch with the zoom in the setup carrying over to the preview no longer works after some of that work.

Hello

I have a problem that you can see in the video that I shared on YouTube.

An error message appears when moving or resizing the window.
After clicking continue the application still works, after clicking close the application closes.

I tested both 32 and 64 bit versions.

What can this be caused by?
Sorry for my english, I use google translate.

Greetings to all

Zdzislaw

Can you create a bug report on bugs.vixenlights.com and attach all the logs from the My Documents\Vixen 3\logs folder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've packed files from a folder into a ZIP archive and created a report on the page you provided.

I hope it will be useful and help solve this problem.

Greetings.

Zdzislaw

Back