Prop (motor, etc) Control with the Prop Controller?

chilloutdocdoc

Tossing around some ideas in the chatroom tonight. Looks like a lot of people want something that's capable of controlling animated things. There is no solution out there right now, and the Propeller is more than powerful enough for controlling some items. There are a whole lot of things out there right now, but no "one fits all solution". We can't get one board to do everything, but we can cover a lot more bases then we are now (so I think).

What kind of things would you like to see?

Stand alone operation?
Inputs Capability?
Servo Control?
Motor Control?
Stepper Control?

How much programming or configuration would you be willing to go through to get it done? For example: Would you like to just program a channel value in Vixen and it controls the location or speed of the motor? Or would you rather the controller do all of the work when Vixen sends it a "turn on" command (maybe DMX or something similar?)... Or, what about a halfway between the two... You program "scenes" in the controller, and vixen just sends it a "scene command" (again via DMX or something?) Maybe one scene could be moving the arm up and down, another scene moving the arm and hat... etc.

Ideally, with the flexibility of the prop controller, you'd be able to add an AC or DC dimmer as well, all off one board.

Please provide your $.02. (it's for R&D purposes)

As someone who is into animatronics in a big way, I'm looking into using the Prop. for a DMX to 16 o/p decoder. I have started drawing up the schematic and am now trying to make some sense of spin code. Wish me luck!

I have a board laid out that has 16 outputs and uses ULNs, in my case I'm using it for relays but it could be re-purposed.

The board design was the easy part, but I haven't written usable code in over 30 years. I'm using solenoid valves, same dif. really.

As someone who is into animatronics in a big way, I'm looking into using the Prop. for a DMX to 16 o/p decoder. I have started drawing up the schematic and am now trying to make some sense of spin code. Wish me luck!

Also willing to help out if you get stuck

Back