Red vs Green story, Also start Discord?

Randomaker

Hi, I ran into this forum I believe last year and have been loving it, but of course, I had to get curious.
What is the red site green site story?

Which one was started first?
Why are there 2?
So far I haven't checked out green much, do most of you all use both or pick one? Is one better than the other for certain things?

Also, I was looking for a Christmas light display Discord server and there are none to be found. If you guys would like, I can start one but if it gets too crazy I might need to hand most of the work over to someone else. If so I'd like some general info, what name should I use? DIY or Do It Yourself or just DIYC or something entirely different? Red logo or green logo? I'm really hoping you say yes. Thanks!

I have seen 3 or 4 attempts at a discord server but all have died or are a ghost town. Dr zzzzs which is not really Christmas lights is active but led lighting is a small part of what it covers.

I have seen 3 or 4 attempts at a discord server but all have died or are a ghost town. Dr zzzzs which is not really Christmas lights is active but led lighting is a small part of what it covers.

Were they specifically for this forum or Christmas lighting in general?

There have been other threads that discuss why there are two sites and I think you will find that many of us are on both and try to respect the feelings/wishes of those who run these sites as to the topic.

What are you trying to accomplish with your Discord server?

Ive found out by reading some posts that there used to be a chat site but is gone now because they couldn't find anywhere to host it, and it seemed like most missed it, so I thought why not bring it back? Sometimes I prefer asking questions in a more chat-like environment, but also it gives us a good place for Christmas light enthusiasts to hang out.

The DIGWDF chat room doesn't cost me anything so I plan to let it run through the year and evaluate it next spring. But yeah, if things continue like they have for the last 3 months, there isn't much value in having it....

http://digwdf.org/chat

The DIGWDF chat room doesn't cost me anything so I plan to let it run through the year and evaluate it next spring. But yeah, if things continue like they have for the last 3 months, there isn't much value in having it....

Honestly, after the year we've had, I think people are trying to get out a much as possible now. I bet things pick up as the year goes on.

Im getting an error, do I need an account?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.
Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at digwdf.org Port 80

Im getting an error, do I need an account?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.
Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at digwdf.org Port 80

Yes. Register yourself at the chat room login screen, and you'll immediately be validated. There isn't a way to link your forum account directly to it.

Back